Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:20PM

Here's the evidence. Decide for yourself.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2017/mar/26/muslims-condemn-terrorism-stats

Heraa Hashmi, a 19-year-old American Muslim student at the University of Colorado, was supposed to be discussing the Crusades with the man sitting next to her. Within a few minutes, however, he was crusading against Islam.

“Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims,” Hashmi’s classmate told her. What’s more, he complained, not enough Muslims were making a stand against terrorism.

Hashmi was perplexed by this analysis. Muslims are constantly denouncing atrocities that have been committed in the name of Islam. Yet many people seem to think Muslims don’t condemn terrorism enough. So Hashmi decided to put the notion to the test. Using Google spreadsheets, she made a “712-page list of Muslims condemning things with sources”, which she tweeted. The list includes everything from acts of domestic violence to 9/11.

“I wanted to show people how weak the argument [that Muslims don’t care about terrorism] is,” she explained.

Her stats struck a chord. Within 24 hours, Hashmi’s tweet had been retweeted 15,000 times. A couple of her followers volunteered to help her turn her spreadsheet into an interactive website and, within a week of the tweet, http://www.muslimscondemn.com was born. This was last November, but the website has grown considerably since then and, sadly, flickers into prominence whenever a new attack takes place.

https://muslimscondemn.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:25PM

I just don't see any muslims joining the army to go fight in the middle east.

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:42PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just don't see any muslims joining the army to
> go fight in the middle east.

Well, you can meet a few here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/muslims-us-military.html

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 02:11PM

and did they specifically join up to go fight in the middle east ?

Posted by: R2 ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 05:46PM

Yes they do! It is actually a tactic, because they can infiltrate the enemy easier.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 02:02PM

Posted by: Anti Murder ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:31PM

Maybe I am a horrible person full of hatred for what I am about to write. But it's how I feel.

It is hard to take any religion adherent seriously or give them respect if their most sacred places are in a barbarian country run my murders and they refuse to condemn such a government for their murders. It is not acceptable to murder people just because they decide to no longer believe in some sacred book or they do homosexuality.

I am not saying they should not be allowed to practice Islam as I do believe they have the right to do so privately and do so publicly in non violent ways. I just don't respect them if they refuse to condemn such murders and actually show respect for the murderers in making a pilgrimage to such a country.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:41PM

When they repudiate the passages in the Koran that keep being "misinterpreted" then I'll pay attention. Until then, if they don't walk away from the book that is a source of justification for terror, they are enabling it.

Same goes for Christians and Jews (etc.) who do not condemn the parts of their holy writs that can cause extremism and hate.

It shouldn't be a surprise to them that everyone isn't cherry picking to make the religion seem all about rainbows and peace.

There are ex-Muslims who condemn the Koran. They feel so strongly against terrorism that they will not support the book that you have to pretend and make excuses for to say it doesn't really mean what it says. THESE are the ones who have my respect.

Are they speaking out about the oppression of women? No. Why? because they enable it.

That said, good for them for taking baby steps in the right direction.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 03:15PM

Charles Manson drew some of his inspiration for the Tate/La Bianca murders from the Beatles. I guess we should condemn and repudiate the Beatles because they should have known their songs would be.misinterpreted. Geesh. BTW, plenty of Muslims do repudiate violent interpretation of the Quran, the misogyny, FGM etc. Watch the news or get to know some Muslims.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2017 03:19PM by bona dea.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 04:31PM

don't be silly - he thought "helter skelter" was a codeword especially for him - just as paranoid schizophrenics do now and always; misinterpret things they heard or hallucinated.

Date: March 26, 2017 04:34PM

And all terrorists are mentally healthy? Uh, no.Terrorism is generally the last resort of oppression and hopelessness.People resort to terrorism when they are angry, radicalized and have, or feel they have no other methods of redressing grievances.They will interpret just about anything to justify themselve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2017 04:39PM by bona dea.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:44PM

Why dont they adapt and get more easily names to pronounce!???

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 03:55PM

newspaper article extracts about an english resident muslim who travelled to scotland with the intention of killing a man he described as an apostate:

"""Ahmed goes on to call Ahmadi Muslims “frauds” for their beliefs, which hold the sect’s founder as a prophet following Mohamed, and accused them of “contaminating the faithful”.

“Whoever and wherever is listening my voice must make a resolve to protect the finality of prophethood,” he says. “We will save the Lord’s followers from going down to the hell – will protect their faith.”

The message then calls on listeners to repeat a chant vowing to “offer their lives and souls”, ending: “There’s only one punishment for insulters: cut off their heads, cut off their heads, cut off their heads.”
“It is worrying that the persecution the Ahmadi Muslim community face in Pakistan appears to now be manifesting itself in the UK,” Ms Ferrier told The Independent. “The brutal murder of Asad Shah is the only reminder needed that this issue needs to be treated with the utmost seriousness.

“If we are sincere about tackling extremism, then we must ensure that hate speech like this is not given a platform. Freedom of speech gives nobody the right to incite hatred towards any faith group.”
Mr Shah and his family were granted asylum in Scotland in the 1990s after fleeing persecution in Pakistan, where Ahmadis have been declared non-Muslims by the government and are the victims of systematic discrimination and violent attacks.

Ahmed, who is also from Pakistan, is a Sunni Muslim and identifies with the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jama'at movement. He was jailed for life last month and ordered to serve a minimum term of 27 years, with judge Lady Rae condemning his “barbaric, premeditated and wholly unjustified killing of a much loved man who was a pillar of the local community”.

“I note with considerable concern that you have expressed no remorse whatsoever for this appalling crime,” she added.

Ahmed was unrepentant in court, releasing a statement through a lawyer accusing Mr Shah of “disrespecting the messenger of Islam, the prophet Mohamed”, adding: “If I had not done this others would and there would have been more killing and violence in the world.”

extracted from:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/asad-shah-murder-tanveer-ahmed-audio-messages-videos-calls-beheading-ahmadis-prison-scotland-a7323701.html

Mr Ahmed's extended family are of the opinion he is now a living martyr for islam and back home in pakistan he is revered as a hero for islam.

As you can tell from the article, the pakistani government persecute ahmadis for being the 'wrong kind' of muslims, like catholic governments in the middle ages did to non-catholics for being the 'wrong kind' of christian, or not christian at all. Muslims behave today in a manner befitting a time in european history we are not proud of. No muslim of mr ahmed's sect would condemn the murder of mr shah since their interpretation - the usual/regular interpretation - of the koran calls for his death. Muslims should be brave enough to tell other muslims - quite vocally - that they have no right to enforce koranic penalties and that sharia is not supreme in the west. Will not happen for a long time - islam would have to go through an 'enlightenment' like christianity did. That is why they need to stop living in ghettos and integrate properly, to give a chance for the enlightenment to grow without threat. Their leaders can see this and will never allow it so long as they have control.

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 04:35PM

After 911, they were interviewing a lot of Muslims, ( that period after 911, when they were starting all these interfaith groups )
All of the Musmlims that they talked to that said that they weren't condoning the attacks, but they understood why they did it.????. If you " understand why" they did it, you my lovelies, condone it. It can't be both ways.
The sickening part was most of them were living here , off of us and going to flying classes, knowing why they were taking these classes,
We were living in NJ during 911,so we heard a lot. A lot of the cell groups were there.
They're a warring people, always at war with someone
They're never accept Israel
Israel and that whole area had Jewish people living there, BEFORE Islam was even a religion. Mohammad wasn't even born yet.
The Quran also says not to attack the elderly , women and children , which were all the people killed on 911.

Date: March 26, 2017 05:20PM

Muslims have a lot of reasons to be angry. They have been disrespected and misunderstood-look at this thread for one example. We support Israel over the Palestinians who still have no homeland. We and other westerners have invaded their countries and broken promises many time and many of them are living in extreme poverty. Of course, you can understand their anger and sympathize with their grievances without supporting terrorism.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 04:58PM

I assume you mean "some" just as when one says Muslims who favor Sharia Law over the laws of the land. They'd likely be referring to "some not all."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.