Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 03:14PM

Disruption of LDS groupthink is a good thing. If the membership follows the prophet in lockstep, nothing will change.

With any luck, the church will split, splinter and be reduced to an array of subgroups/sects. Divided they will weaken and be financially less robust, setting them up for collapse.

With any luck, examples like this are harbingers of the future of LDS, Inc. infighting to the point of self-destruction...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 03:22PM

Racism is built into the teachings of Brigham Young/other prophets and the BoM so sure Mormons tend to regard other than white skin an issue. Righteous Lamanites became white.

I hope this 'racism' becomes more obvious and does divide the church as it is in the culture of the 'older' Mormons.

Posted by: R2 ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 03:29PM

If having white/Nordic skin is a sign of having been more valiant in the pre existence, then why are there many whites people with low character by nature and many people of other skin tones with really good character by nature?

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 03:41PM

It's actually a curse to be white in the church I've found atleast for me cause I wasn't a snake in a suit white.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 04:30PM

excommunicate Kate Kelly but let this bozo run wild

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 31, 2017 12:42AM

sd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> excommunicate Kate Kelly but let this bozo run
> wild

Basically. Even though that blog is going viral, at this point, they'll allow this racist to run wild.

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: March 31, 2017 06:05AM

Isn't Klan (General conference.) this week end anyway? The timing around this article is perfect. All you potential converts who have found this web site because you still have questions this woman is exactly what Mormonism is. Plus you give up ten percent of your income and choice of underware.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.