Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: April 13, 2017 07:46PM

It looks like JW is on the brink in Russia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq-OQHUnlZU

I contend that, from what it appears, the Morg is taking a more cautious approach to countries that have strong anti-extremism laws like Russia. But if that's the case, does it compromise its "indestructible" mystique with its most fervent Morgbots in Utah and elsewhere? Russia is one of the few countries that have taken a reasonable stand on religious-based extremism, meaning, the U.S. and most Western countries have way too much religious freedom as it is, thereby giving birth to bizarre cults like Heaven's Gate, Koresh's movement and others.

Sounds like Cedars is getting blowback from other ex-JWs regarding his opinion (which I somewhat agree with).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: April 13, 2017 10:48PM

I would allow them to operate, but treat them like the business they are and make them pay taxes on their temple and church buildings and income. Also, continue their ban on non-Russian missionaries for proselytization and check-up on them actually doing volunteer service which is the loophole they are using to get entry visas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.