Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mostock66 ( )
Date: April 14, 2017 07:18PM

Can anybody tell me why this Picture was discontinued Being made?

I would like to purchase one if anyone out there has one for sale.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 14, 2017 07:53PM

I used to have that hanging on my wall, but I got rid of it years ago. I used to love sitting in front of the live one. It really wouldn't mean anything to me now.

Posted by: kairos ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 04:34PM

i think there was a backlash on the race types of those in the picture but i cannot confirm since i have not looked at the painting in detail. someone could help us out- are there people of known goodness or badness on the left and right of jesus like maybe hitler or mlk?

Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 07:20PM

I think Nixon was on the left. It was not a good likeness, but the nose gave him away.

Posted by: paulk ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 07:39PM

My in-laws have that hanging in their front room so you see it as you walk in. It fits pretty well with my mother-in-law in particular, as she loves to say who is and is not on track for the Celestial Kingdom.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 08:16PM

It's a little dated. The attire is very 1960s. But there are different ethnicities which is quite a novelty for that time. But off the path of mormon doctrine, since everyone is suppose to be blonde and white in the resurrection anyway... through the cleansing of the blood, the baptism of fire, to become pure-literal Israelite).

No blacks or browns in Mormon heaven, or something like that.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 08:47PM

Notice the working women dressed for work are all in hell. Those evil hussies. That painting was very offensive to me. I was single and worked to support myself. I was three of the worst things a mormon could be. Single, working, female.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 11:59PM

janis, thanks for pointing that out. I can't get a picture big enough to see well on my computer. So I didn't notice --- but it's true.

The women with long dresses and children are in heaven. The single, working women are all in hell. Gosh, gotta love a religion that lays it all out so lovingly and compassionately.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.