Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 14, 2017 08:00PM

I have zero sympathy for the tools at LDS Inc PRopoganda department, but they'll probably try to spin this as good news for the crazy Doomsday Sex CULT!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rape-survivor-utah-judge-lds-bishop_us_58f0f350e4b0da2ff860352e?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2017 08:03PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: April 14, 2017 08:16PM

I still think it's appalling that his sentences are to run concurrently, rather than consecutively

Posted by: calico ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 02:15AM

I am glad this is getting national attention.

The judge definitely cared more about the perpetrator than the victims. I suspect that if the judge wasn't already under a lot of scrutiny for his previous actions, he would have given an even lighter sentence.

Previously, the judge let the convict not go to jail even after he was convicted, pending sentencing. Was very dismissive of the victims because they were 'out of state'. Finally after several weeks, he put the felon in jail. Only outside pressure made this happen.

This judge is a piece of work and should not be a judge. But too many Utahns are brainwashed that a Mormon man in authority, has the last say. So this judge will stay in office and could well continue to praise felons and ignore the victims. Appalling.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 02:44AM

Even better: it's getting international attention: there's a good article in the UK Guardian newspaper too:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/15/outcry-as-utah-judge-calls-mormon-bishop-who-raped-girl-a-good-man

Posted by: Anon370H55V ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 04:34AM

This part was especially nauseating:

"McBride said the suspect’s brother spoke at the hearing and compared Vallejo to Jesus in making the argument that he is being wrongly convicted."

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 10:18AM

As posted on another thread, the case (sourcing the AP coverage) also made Drudge. You don't get bigger exposure (pun intended) than that!

Posted by: miner_8 ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 11:47AM

If the LDS church gets embarrassed by all the fallout from this, they probably can't go back and punish the guy worse to try to do damage control to their reputation.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 12:23PM

To me it reflects a pervasive notion in mormonism that women are simply of no value.

--that the WORST man is still better than a woman.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 12:25PM

And, I'm glad the whole world gets to see it now.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 12:40PM

I think that you've hit the nail on the head.

Deep down, inside, the hierarchy believes that no matter how awful a Mormon man may be, he's still superior to the very best woman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2017 12:41PM by peculiargifts.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 01:56PM

You are right on. I can't believe Mormon women allow themselves to be treated that way in 2017 and still raise their arm to the square and sustain the men no matter what. The brainwashing is very effective and make one act against their own best interests.

This judge makes me sick. So sad for those women victims who had to hear that. The judge was simply twisting the knife in their hearts. What a disgusting human being.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 02:42PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
... women allow themselves to be treated that way in 2017
> and still raise their arm to the square and
> sustain the men no matter what. The brainwashing
> is very effective and make one act against their
> own best interests.

I've been doing some research on the Kingston Clan, the secretive polygamous/incestuous/criminal family group. Not only are the women sexually oppressed and forced into evil marriages, but they are impoverished by being forced to live on the most minimal of wages, which can only be spent (with special non-currency script) at family businesses. Yet many do not break free because of the power of the brainwashing, which starts very early and effectively to train them to obey without complaint.

Let's not overlook the high rate of infant deformities and deaths.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 15, 2017 01:46PM

I'd say it's a good thing that this judge wasn't involved with the Warren Jeffs trial, as he would have let him go to continue raping girls.

Posted by: maxamillion ( )
Date: April 16, 2017 11:53AM

It's not only that LDS places a higher value on penises than on vaginas, it's that the vaginas of the nubile teenagers are at fault for existing, tempting the penis which raped them. The evil that is their very birthright is the bane of male righteousness.

Then, following rape, vaginas belong to the throw-away, now-tainted and useless females, "stupid" enough to "go public."

A former bishop, OTOH, can serve time for succumbing to the adversary's Eve, and potentially become a brand-new, shiny bishop again.

This perp will have had a huge family telling everyone what a "wonderful" man he is, when he is released.

And the teenagers? "Dirtied" non-virgins, shunned by family members supporting the rapist, for airing his dirty laundry. "Stay away from these ladies; they are snitches who will snitch even on family and bishops."

I can only imagine the additional pain of isolation and accusation being heaped upon them now. The family claims are of "wrongful" conviction, even though there was enough evidence to find the perp guilty. The judge's words support the family's false beliefs of the rapist being the "good" one, the "truth teller."

The judge supported the -huge- dysfuntions at play in many families, and sent a message to incest victims the world over:

"Shut the F up, keep it secret, you are a dirty temptress who seduced a good man. It is your own fault. If you talk, you deserve to be and will be shunned."

That judge needs to spend some quality prison time with the perps for whom he has empathy. I also wonder about the judge's soft spot for rapists, but not in a doctrinal sense.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 16, 2017 11:59AM

honor among thieves

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: April 16, 2017 12:11PM

There is 'talk' in my local Utah paper of making sure this 'judge' is not staying a judge.

If they can't get him out sooner they are planning to make sure this 'statement' comes back to haunt the judge when he is up for reelection.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: April 16, 2017 01:02PM

I hope that this is not forgotten whenever the judge is up for reelection. It would be so nice for the jerk to actually get a little of what's coming to him.

(Note, one article said that it was unclear whether or not the judge was, himself, a Mormon. I looked him up --- he did get both his undergraduate and law degrees at BYU, so it would seem that he must be church-broke, whether he is technically a Mormon or not.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.