Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wendell ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:19PM

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I were coming home from a birthday party, when he asked me to stop at the Provo temple for some pictures to send home to his Mom. He is from South America and he likes to let his Mother see pictures of where he lives now. It was such a good experience for him to learn more about Utah and Provo specifically. He asked me why there were so many couples holding hands and chatting around the fountains with joy on their faces. I explained that it’s a common ritual for young people to get engaged on the grounds of the temple – He thought this was kinda cute and really odd. In his country, people do this sort of thing in private.

Anyway, one of the young couples saw us with the camera and offered to take a picture of the two of us together, so of course we let them. They were very gracious and kind, but it didn’t take them long to figure out that we were not long lost missionary companions. The look on the girl’s face was absolutely priceless when she realized that he and I were much more than good friends. We did not hold hands, put our arms around each other, nor do anything inappropriate, but we are not embarrassed to be in love and I guess it showed in our smiles. We simply stood by each other and smiled for the camera, but somehow our love shown through. She was clearly disgusted and appalled that homosexuals would dare set foot on hallowed ground. The camera was quickly returned.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 02:22PM by wendell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:21PM

For not being ashamed to let your love shine out.

Shame on her for being a brainless twit.

:D

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:24PM

What happens in polygamy situations? Many wives don't have their needs met. So guess who they can go to?

Most mormons don't realize this. Idiots.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:39PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 02:40PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:47PM

Actually, no!

Mormons are all upset over teh gays, but what they don't realize is their early marriage practices encouraged lesbian behavior. This stupid girl got all upset about Wendell and his boyfriend, but if she were born 150 years earlier she'd have second thoughts about her sisterwives!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 02:48PM by maria.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 02:51PM

Congrats on being in a good relationship--so much that it shows!!

As a nomo, getting engaged on the temple grounds sounds just so...cultish. Why don't the do those mass weddings like the ...is it moonies...do? Oh, right, that IS what temple sealings are....mass weddings for the cult.

Date: March 28, 2011 02:54PM

I only wish someone, anyone, in my family could see that I am in a good relationship. Yes, I know it's hard for them. Maybe someday.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 04:01PM

wendell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I only wish someone, anyone, in my family could
> see that I am in a good relationship. Yes, I know
> it's hard for them. Maybe someday.

I hope so, too. You deserve it. Best of luck to you two.

After seeing so many of my friends in loveless marriages for the sake of the kids, or inertia, or comfort, or whatever, finding love in middle age is a wonderful thing.

Date: March 28, 2011 04:27PM

Thank you.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 03:23PM

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 03:50PM

They pull us in like moths to a flame.

Date: March 28, 2011 06:14PM

All my gay, never Mormon friends, are constantly asking me to take them to see the temple. I'm not sure why.

Posted by: PinkPoodle ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 04:05PM

Hey Wendell. First let me say I think it is awesome that you are so in love it showed on your faces! I've been wondering how everyone is doing. Are they all healed up now from the accident?

Date: March 28, 2011 04:26PM

One of my friends has had some pretty tough times in getting his broken hand to heal, but it is finally getting better. We are all much better than before. Thank you for asking.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.