Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Inquisative ( )
Date: April 19, 2017 11:03AM

The forged will was originally found within their headquarters in Salt Lake City. The forged will stated that the church was a beneficiary of 1/16th of his wealth. I thought that was interesting. I learned about this from the last paragraph in this website about the bizarre facts of Howard Hughes life:
http://m.ranker.com/list/facts-about-howard-hughes/philgibbons?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=pd&pgid=642850749204637&utm_campaign=Extremely_Bizarre_Facts_About_Howard_Hughes&asid=6060076529208&psid=806477502841960

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: annon1 ( )
Date: April 19, 2017 11:14AM

No surprise there....the church is attracted to forgeries like a moth to a light.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 19, 2017 01:09PM

There was a Senior Couple serving a mission in the West Indies when I was there (83 - 85). The guy worked for Howard Hughes for 30 years or more...retired after that.

He was one of about 6 inner circle guys that were closest to HH. cool guy and his wife was too....had a pic of his wife in his wallet from the 40's in a bathing suit. She looked like a smokin' hot pin up girl :)

Posted by: LasvegasRichard ( )
Date: April 19, 2017 01:55PM

I have been with Melvin when he tells the same story about what happened . Seemed genuine .

Posted by: Melvin Dummar ( )
Date: April 19, 2017 02:56PM

That crooked quack doctor of his had him strung out on opiates and that voice in the phone call to Congress calling Clifford Irving's biography a fake was staged as well. Irving and I are still in negotiations for the rights to my story.

Howard told me that right after I picked him up. My take is it came down to a power play between the CIA and the LDS Church and the CIA won.

I heard some more from the guy that gave the will to my wife who dutifully delivered it to the LDS offices, but I don't have any way to fact check that one.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.