Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 11:07AM

I have read articles about African-Americans who are members of the LD$ church knowing the past history in which African-American males could not hold the priesthood. I even watched a Youtube video of two African-American men who are members having a conversation with a camera guy about it.

There is an African-American man in the family ward I am at who has been a member of TSCC for about 14 years and an African-American convert woman who converted in the fall. I even met an African-American woman who has been a member of the LD$ church for about 20 years. I visited the family ward in my hometown and there was an African-American family in which some of their sons were deacons and teachers.

I'm not implying that all Mormons were like this in the past. What I am trying to get at is....this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I wonder if they even know about the past ban against them, and if they do, what their thoughts are on the subject.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2017 11:09AM by canary21.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 11:19AM

Of course they know, they just don't think it matters. It's like members who don't think it matters that Joseph was a poon hound or Brigham was a tyrant or the BoA is a transparent fraud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.