Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 01:44AM

It wasn't so bad, don't ask how I got on that channel and pat was staring right into my soul saying they could pray to heal injuries or whatever is wrong with you if you just called in. I know I'm a sucker but my neck was killing me and I'm dealing with some other stuff and I just said fuck it I'm calling I think I felt more of a spirit than I ever did in church but it could've just been good emotions. Has anybody else called a number hoping for some kind of a miracle cause modern medicine just couldn't fix your issue? If I get healed in the next few days I'm going to laugh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 01:59AM

I once was watching a television evangelist's "healing" show. The folks would send a prayer request (generally with money) and then report that they were healed. The televangelist would say things like, "The Lord has just healed a case of shingles!"

Then with the same enthusiasm, "The Lord has just cured a case of hemorrhoids!" etc. Obviously, it was a phony ploy for money and some folks were naming off all sort of stuff, "The Lord has just cured a case of jock itch!"

Adam, if saying a prayer helps you feel better or more comfortable, say one. If your think it's phony, let yourself off the hook--it's okay not to believe.

I pray for friends who ask me to pray for them. Until then, another cyber hug, feeling of friendship, camaraderie, and hopes for health, wholeness, joy, and all good things.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 09:53AM

If you get healed in the next few days, it won't be because you called some scam phone number.

Yeah, I get it -- you're desperate. Pat and his ilk prey on the desperate. They've made an art of it.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 10:31AM

If they got your contact information, you have the good fortune to look forward to many, many phone calls and mailers from your new friends...not only from them, but also anyone else they sell your info to.

Can you feel the love?

Date: April 27, 2017 12:32PM

Yea but still they help as much as anyone else these days.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: April 28, 2017 01:31PM

Adam, I think by saying that you do a great disservice to the surgeons who studied long hours in their youth to learn how to fix your shoulder and foot. Those skills don't come without work and sacrifice. Without their skills you would be incapacitated for life.

Date: April 28, 2017 04:01PM

True the surgeons have helped a lot I'm just mad I have pain in other areas still like the bulging disc in my neck.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 01:13PM

I've called those a couple of times when I was a younger person than I am now.

It helped to have someone to listen to my problems, which ironically were Mormon related when those calls were made.

They were very helpful, kind, attentive, and prayed with me and for me.

I've had healing prayers before too, but not from dial-a-prayer.

One of my truly miraculous healings came as the result of a Melchizedek priesthood blessing. Another healing came from my own prayer, barely audible, because I was too weak to speak at the time.

Prayer is a conduit to heaven. We all have the SAME access to that conduit. Why some people receive healing, and not others, for whatever illness they're dealing with I do not know.

I do believe that suffering is part of the HUMAN condition. We are born to live for a time, and then die. No one gets out of this alive. Does God send comfort from affliction and pain? I believe he does. In my life it happened more often when I prayed for help, than when I didn't.

So I believe in the power of healing prayer. Sending good wishes your way, and I'll say a prayer for you too today.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 01:39PM

Satan can work miracles as well as Jesus.

This story is from a reliable source--a Mormon missionary, who heard it from a different Mormon missionary:

Once there was another missionary who was playing basketball and broke his leg. He went to a doctor who set the bone and put a cast on the leg. Later, the missionary and his companion saw one of those faith healers on TV and decided to give him a try ... "just for kicks." They went down to one of his healing revivals (I think it was by a river) and got a "laying on of hands" from the healer. IMMEDIATELY, the missionary's leg felt better. He went back to the doctor who x-rayed the leg and found the bone had miraculously healed.

The missionaries were a bit "freaked out," needless to say. They called the mission president who demanded they come to the mission home without delay. When they arrived, the mission president gave the healed elder a blessing, and the leg re-broke right there on the spot, once the evil spirit was cast out of the missionary's leg.

I felt the Spirit (goosebumps) when I heard the story, otherwise I would have been skeptical. Plus, the reliable source.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 03:16PM

Sorry to say they're not true or even close to true.

There are 100s of them based purely on the Three Nephites myth.

Date: April 27, 2017 03:12PM

It didn't feel satanic and I know satanic so I think I'm good.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 03:18PM

But I do hope you recover and the sooner the better.

Date: April 27, 2017 03:21PM

Yea me too I think the physical stuff is slowin me down I might have to have another surgery.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 03:48PM

Whenever anyone mentions Pat Robertson, I always remember his treasonous activity on 9/11. He and Jerry Falwell cheered the planes crashing into the twin towers and the pentagon, agreeing with the Al Quaida extremists who committed the act, that America deserved this as punishment for gay rights, feminism, and turning away from the Robertson/Falwell narrow, extreme view of Christianity.

Never before had I seen the extreme Christian Right show their cards on the table so clearly before. He is a traitor who hates America, hates Americans, and hates American values of freedom and pluralism.

You have expressed your outrage with the Mormons. I would suggest that at the very least, he is no better, and in all likelihood, much worse.

Date: April 27, 2017 04:16PM

Thanks for the input I had no idea about that but I knew pat looked familiar from somewhere in the past just couldn't put my finger on it.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 28, 2017 11:22PM

that shit doesn't work unless you place both hands on top of the television.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.