Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 01:15AM

My Mother has passed away... I miss her. I was grateful to be with her during her last week. We had some wonderful moments together.

"True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul."
~ Audrey Hepburn ~

....my Mother is a beautiful soul.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1435951976462784&set=a.295814260476567.71125.100001439866641&type=3&theater

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 01:19AM

Sorry to hear that. You have my condolences. It is hard to lose your Mother.

Posted by: Anon370H55V ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 01:21AM

I am so sorry. I know how it hurts.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 01:23AM

I am sorry, Polly.

My condolences to you, and to your family.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 01:23AM

(((Pollydee))) I'm so sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 01:27AM

Polly, your mother was gorgeous!
Things will get easier for you as time goes by.
So, so sorry!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 01:33AM

PollyDee, may you and your loved ones come together as your mourn the passing of your Mother. My deepest condolences and hopes for comfort and peace! (((hugs))))

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 02:12AM

She was movie-star-beautiful, and it sounds as though she was as beautiful on the insude as on the outside. I'm sorry for the pain you're oresently feeling but happy for you that you were raised by a mother so wonderful that she will truly be missed.

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 04:53AM

You are so lucky to have had such a wonderful mother. x

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 05:10AM

I'm sorry, PollyDee. I know it's tough.

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 05:21AM

Beautiful Tribute.. Every photo breath taking! My condolences to you and your beautiful family.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 05:30AM

So sorry for your loss.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 09:34AM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 09:35AM

She'll always be with you as long as you remember her...

My sincere condolences.

Posted by: pollydee ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 11:43AM

Thank you, all, for your kind thoughts, I truly appreciate each of you.

My mother married in the Salt Lake Mormon temple at the tender age of 18. I am the eighth of her nine children. Life certainly was not easy for her, but she had an ineradicable spirit of passion in living her life and following her dreams.

I just noticed that I inadvertently posted the link to my facebook album of Cover Photos... well, I guess that's one way for you all to get to know me a bit! I will be adding more pictures but here is the link to the album: Mother

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1435947969796518&id=100001439866641&set=a.1435880959803219.1073741827.100001439866641&source=56&ref=bookmarks

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 11:12PM

PollyDee, I am sorry.

It's something I dread in my own life and I feel for everyone going through such a loss.

As an aside, if you didn't intend for people to see your last name or other personal info you could make a report to ask Admin to hide that link (or you could edit it yourself, if you do it in time - I think the edit function for each post times out after 24 hrs).

Date: May 03, 2017 12:40PM

No worries...

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 09:18PM

You're so lucky you have a wonderful mother. I'm so sorry to hear that she's passed away.

Looking at your pics, it looks like her life has come very close to mine, but yet I never knew her.

I grew up in Portland/the base of Mt Hood, lived in Vancouver, and now live in the San Juans. They're beautiful places to spend ones life. Hawaii, is a great getaway for us PNW people. I have a goal to go there at least once a year until I can't.

If your mother had to be mormon, take some peace in that she lived in paradise, and not Utah. The PNW is a gardeners dream.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 10:30PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 10:35PM

My condolences to you and your family, pollydee.

How fortunate you are to have had such a wonderful mother to remember.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 10:48PM

Kindness is kindly remembered

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 11:08PM

outstanding collection of pics OPie ~

God bless you and your beautiful mother ~

out b 4 ziller or BYUboner makes an inappropriate comment ~

☮ ♥ ☮ ♡ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♡ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♡ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♡ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♡ ☮ ♥ ☮ ♡

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 12:14PM

I am really sorry to hear this. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

Date: May 03, 2017 12:38PM

Thank you, again, for all of the kind thoughts and support. Ziller, I truly appreciate your and BYU Boner's sweet comments and for your judicious self-control. lol :D
Love you guys!

My mother was not just another pretty face, she truly had a beautiful soul. In 1946, my mother was the Student Body President of her high school, she was honored as the May Queen, and she held several Regional and State Tennis Champion titles. My mother also had the deepest, most beautiful, contralto voice I have ever heard a woman sing.

My mother was an entrepreneur developing her own business which she had to run from home. She loved to garden and would be considered a Master Gardener. I have several prize blooms that she has gifted to my garden. She was accomplished at many home crafts - creating the most beautiful quilts and needle point and other textile crafts that are truly heirloom quality. She was extraordinarily talented in so many ways.

Of course, she was overworked and overwhelmed with numerous ward and stake callings which she carried out with grace and genuine compassion. I often wonder what my mother would have accomplished in her life had she not married at the age of 18, had not had nine kids (although, I am grateful), and was free of the misogynistic yoke of Mormonism holding her back. I can't help but wonder, because she accomplished so much in spite of it!

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 06:32PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad that you were able to spend some precious time with her. She sounded like a very giving, unselfish person. ((((((((Hugs))))))

Posted by: evergreen ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 07:54PM

((((((I am so sorry for your loss))))))

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 08:52PM

I can sense your pain, and I can also sense your love for her. The pain will never completely fade away, but it will fade. The love will always be there.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 08:55PM

You were blessed with a wonderful mother. It's difficult to adjust to our mothers passing on. Glad you had some special times with her toward the end of her life also.
My best wishes to you.

Posted by: stellam ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 09:29PM

Sending much love.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.