Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 03:59PM

I haven't posted a rebuttal. I thought you guys could help out.

"I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built in Toronto.
I think it should be the goal of every Canadian to be tolerant regardless of their religious beliefs.
Thus the mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.
That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque, thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque.
We could call one of the clubs, which would be gay, "The Turban Cowboy ",and the other a topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot."
Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant, called "Iraq o' Ribs."
Across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret ", with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods.
Next door to the lingerie shop there would be room for an adult sex toy shop, "Koranal Knowledge ", its name in flashing neon lights, and on the other side a liquor store called "Morehammered."
All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us, so their mosque issue would not be a problem for others."
Yes we should promote tolerance, and you can do your part by passing this on."

Have fun with this. Substitute establishments that would be insulting to Mormons built nextdoor to McTemples .

*Bountiful Investment Firm - Magnifying the Profits of Tithing for Personal Exaltation.

*KolobBucks coffee house. House specials: LatterDayLatte, Flat White and Delightsome Cappuccino, Monson Mocha Macchiato

*Heber's Pawn Shop and Trading Post - "trade a wife for a cow".

*Temple Trinkets Boutique = fine signs, tokens and charms, aprons and bakers' hats,

*Mountain Meadows gun and ammo shop. Visit our sister shop specializing in Indian disquises and war paint.

*Pick-an-MLM featuring investment opportunities in Herbals, Cosmetics, Household products, and Food Supplements.

Any more?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2017 04:01PM by auntsukey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 04:08PM

"Beverages and Mor-mons" liquor store?

"Baskin Robbins 31 Wives...err...Flavors"? Choose your flavor, both ice cream *and* a new wife!

"In'N'Outer Darkness"? Instead of animal-style fries, you can order Natural Man-style...

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 04:13PM

What's funny in a way is that there is a BevMo just down Santa Monica Blvd from the LA temple. That means that TBM's who get off the 405 freeway exit at Santa Monica Blvd end up driving past that store.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 04:22PM

I'm all for "bashing" every ridiculous creed. People deserve respect, but their "sincerely held beliefs" deserve our closest scrutiny. Whatever the religion. We should not give a free pass to a cult just because it is ours, or just because it is exotic.

However, I do find the satire of the original anti-islam post much more funny. Perhaps it's because I read that one a minute earlier than the LDS version? Or maybe the chosen names actually were funnier?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 04:30PM

I'd rather nobody built any new religious structures anywhere. Islamic, christian, buddhist, anything.

However, I do realize that if I want MY freedom to believe (or not) as I like, I need to ensure that my society truly is free when it comes to belief (or not), and the practice thereof.

So, if it were me, I'd simply reply:

"So you're OK with denying religious groups permission to build places of worship? Great! Let's deny mormons permission to build any more temples then. I'm all for it. 'Cause, you know, if it's OK to deny buildings for one religion, it's OK to deny them for all religions. So no more temples for you! Yippee! Those temples are ugly anyway, they bring the "wrong crowd" into neighborhoods, they don't pay any property tax, and they don't do anything useful. I'm so glad you agree we can tell religious groups that they can't put up their ridiculous buildings anymore!"

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 02:23AM

MORmONISM sucks.

Islam sucks even more, and that takes a lot.

WHY are you wasting your time trying to defend anything that is simply not worth defending ? it would be so much easier and appropriate to simply do NOTHING.

Islam deserves bashing, or is there not already enough Sharia style/ sharia based FGM, raping and beheading?

There is no such thing as absolute unconditional love or absolute unconditional religious tolerance, especially when EVIL poses as religion.

The purpose of having an open mind is to have an active mind able to consider a myriad of ideas/concepts and then REJECT the ones that are not worthwhile, NOT to be brain dead so that the resulting empty heads can be used as a trash can by any one who feels disposes to use it that way.

IF you really want/need to experience the true peace, tranquility, and benevolence of Islam and moslem dominated culture then move to Syria or Iran or Libya or some other Islamic paradise/ Hell hole instead of waiting for America to be destroyed in the name of tolerance.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 09:22AM

pailey allie's alehouse

gadie an' ton's gogo bar

personal progress-ive finance inc

Seer's stone, bead and crystal emporium
psychic readings by prior appointment only

Stripling Waste Warriors
Recycling centre

Golden Plate Trophies
Engraving, key cutting and shoe repair services

Warren's Warren
World's largest Bedding store

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 09:28AM

I like the Stripling idea--

--a strip club featuring buff young warriors......

Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 10:59AM

I love the Mountain Meadows Gun and Ammo shop one, esp. with the Native war paint costume shop next door. LOL

I have been noticing lately how much Mormons and Muslims actually have in common. (I shouldn't say 'Muslims' as much as 'Islamist extremists')

Promises of an afterlife with harems and glory for their sacrifice here on earth. Esp. in the early days of Mormon blood atonement sacrifice, has a lot of parallels with Islamists suicide bombings.

But also the common 'us against them' identity and talk of killing 'infidels' in the one case and 'gentiles' in the other. Brigham directly preached about killing gentiles if they didn't convert.

I think people alarmed at Islamist fundamentalist are justifiably so. But they don't know that LDS religion has the same kind of fanatic bloody roots and could be just as dangerous and we should take more care about how much power they have politically.. but it's just seen as 'religious tolerance' and 'religious freedom.'

I know for example the my own Mormon family members would 'take up the sword' if the prophet told them to. They'd give away their possessions and move to 'Zion' if told to. There are millions like them ready to do whatever is commanded of them by church authorities.

No less dangerous in my mind than Islamist Extremists!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.