Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: alera1 ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 12:07AM

Do any of you own a copy of the endowment dvd? I don't know why you would bore yourself to death but I'm just curious if anyone ever smuggled out a copy. ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 12:41AM

The video can be found on the internet.
Not allowed to post the link.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 10:45AM

I was given a CD (audio only) of the endowment. It has a nice cover, photo of the Salt Lake temple, with the title "The Temple Ceremony: Original Soundtrack" and the notation "Recommend ADVISORY: Full members only." Inside the cover is "A Message From the First Presidency [Hinckley, Faust, and Monson]" with a large photo of their smiling faces, that says:

"A joyous journey lies before you with this wonderful original soundtrack edition of the temple ceremony of the Church of jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Although it is but a mere similitude of the full temple experience, this recording will open new avenues of exploring and strengtheniing your faith from the comfort of your living room. This can never replace the physical temple experience, but it will provide one more way for you, in these latter days and in the dispensation of the fullnes of times, to gather together and celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ. Invite all of your recommend holding friends over to share in this emotional testament of the truthfulness of the Gospel. For these are the latter days; hence, our lives must become a meaningful expression, the symbol of our declaration of our testimony of the Living Christ, the Eternal Son of the Living God. It is that siimple and that profound. This soundtrack CD will serve as a reminder of the redeeming sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and it shall strengthen your faith and testimony as you bask in the righteous glory of the Lord. We all know as much as we know that we live that the Church is true and that Jesus is the Christ."

On the back cover is the blurb: "This album is part of the 'Experience Jesus Christ At Home' series. Watch retail stores for our upcoming Temple Ceremony Home Cinema Edition, a fulll-length DVD of the temple ceremony featuring a rich Dolby Surround Sound audio track and remarkable cinematic picture quality for your home viewing pleasure."

I can't reveal where I got it. For more information, contact Intellectual Reserve, which is indicated as the copyright holder of "all rights."

Notice that it admits that what is before you "lies": "A joyous journey lies before you...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2017 02:12PM by RPackham.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.