Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: descartes1979 ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 04:55PM

Some of you may recall that I am pretty active on the Wikipedia and editing Mormon related articles. I just heard yesterday that there is a group of BYU students organizing to edit the Wikipedia and "improve" Mormon articles because they are upset with the critical tone of the articles on the Wikipedia related to the church.

I just wanted to throw out an appeal if any of you guys are interested, to help out in monitoring the articles and making sure they don't get watered down by sympathizers. If you are interested but don't know how to edit the Wikipedia, I would be happy to show you - its pretty simple.

In my humble opinion, this is one place on the Internet where the truth about Mormonism not only shines through to an objective reader, but it is also obviously a site that gets heavy traffic. (Google Joseph Smith or Book of Abraham, and you will see Wikipedia entries are either first or second in the results depending on the day, and they get a lot of traffic). Even with all of the sympathetic editors (of which there are many) - they can't escape the critical information that is added by level headed people. But we could always use another hand - especially if we are about to get flooded by edits that try to whitewash the history.

Don't be a dick about edit warring though - or you will get banned pretty quickly. We need cool heads that can be true to the history of Mormonism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: topper ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 06:14PM

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 08:08PM

I am not sure if I have the historical knowledge for some info but I could monitor articles for change and change them back.

email me- quothpam@gmail.com

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.