Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 10:17PM

Just what is supposed to be the reason for going to an LDS temple?

. The church can't realistically claim that doing so is the only way that one can gain eternal life. (Hear the justified outcry of other religious?)

. Ask your self: What kind of God would see to it that only *worthy* Mormons will get into heaven? (Wouldn't be very crowded.)

. The Celestial world is just that: Celestial--that is, in God's Heaven. (You can safely forget about the terrestrial and telestial made-up garbage, as neither one is mentioned in the Christian Bible.) (It is, however, contained in the made-up garbage in the D&C.)

. The church doesn't--and can not--guarantee that marriage in an LDS temple is the only way a couple will still be married in heaven (even though the *sealing* room depicts a couple kneeling before a man, with trick mirrors on the wall that supposedly depict the couple in an *endless* marriage).

. Ask your self: What kind of a God would be so limiting as to only allow (supposed) *worthy* Mormons married in an LDS temple, into His heaven?

. Dunking for the dead, and *sealing* dead couples together in an eternal marriage, is just J.S's pacifying made-up doctrine.

. Marrying single women to a *name* LDS dead man, is a cruel farce which gives false hope to such women.

Fortunately, relatively few get hooked into this farce.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 10:25PM

The truly brainwashed will be frightened enough of *not* getting in the CK that they'll do whatever.

Also, in some cases, it's probably one of the only reasons they keep getting laid....

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 09:41AM

When you think about it, qualifying for a TR, and then learning the secret handshakes so that you get into the special club, has to be the ultimate brown nosing. The best of the best get to hob nob with all the nobiest nobs.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 12:58PM

Do I ever remember looking forward to the "so-called" exceptional marvelous experience of the LDS temple. Yeah.....then it happened. I was so humiliated and shocked and dumbfounded that this was it? This was REALLY it?

It was unbelievable to me that the advantage, the blessing I had been looking forward to was dressing up in some terribly ugly and silly costume and repeating over and over whatever was next on the list to repeat. I felt that a child of 8 must have written the whole script that was soooo juvenile to me and so boring. I continually counted the minutes, but as it was my first time I had no idea how long this ordeal was going to drag on.

Had I landed in a very bad roadshow or what? It was all so unbelievable to me. This temple experience that had been pushed as Numero Uno, the top of the top that you will never forget. Yeah, they were right on that one.....for sure I would never forget this bunch of gibberish. It was funny, sickening, and insulting all at the same time.

I have asked myself repeatedly if I would have left if I had not been also getting married.

I'll never know.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 02:19PM

Mainly for the endowment. So you will (I'm not making this up) rule and reign in the House of Israel forever. Megalomania much?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 02:25PM

Sorry lurkers. A bit disrespectful of "TBM truth". You guys are awesome. Have fun playing dress up.

Posted by: David A ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 02:45PM

Granted, the whole scheme falls apart under scrutiny, but I always thought that baptisms for the dead filled a theological hole. Some Buddhist born 300 years ago in Siam could conceivably make it to the Christian heaven given the Mighty Mormon Mechanism. Some Christian denominations would forever banish the poor soul to endless hell because he was stupid enough to be born in South East Asia. To paraphrase the OP author, what kind of God would do such a thing?

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 03:37PM

The only advantage is to TSCC. Must be a tithe payer which equals money for TSCC to blow on crap.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 04:01PM

I kept wondering if there was a secret room that held a vast library of books and information that I didn't know about. After all, all these temple carded members were "learning so much and receiving grand answers" that I dreaded that I was doing something wrong. I certainly wasn't getting anything out of the ceremony, yet alone any wisdom.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.