Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 13, 2017 11:37AM

Like people for who they are. Most people are very likable even if they are very different than me. If I like people for who they are, I don't have to try to change them to be like me.

Mormonism tried to make everyone a clone of what Mormons think people should be. Thank God, we're all uniquely different!

Please share your big life lesson learned from leaving. The Boner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 13, 2017 12:26PM

I learned to question everything--"Ivory soap is 99.9% pure what?"

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 13, 2017 12:44PM

Well I remember how devastated I was when GBH wrecked my plans.....how embarrassed I was to face friends and family. And that's to say nothing of my TBM fiancé.

All that long ago grief taught me that life's darkest moments often manifest in its greatest joy.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: May 13, 2017 01:52PM

I learned prior to leaving and even more accented afterwards that there are amazingly spiritual, committed christians in all denominations....really great people except Noles and Dawgs....

Gatorman

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: May 13, 2017 02:19PM

The biggest lesson I learned is that everything in mormonism is conditional on conformity to the words of the corporate overlords, especially love and any aspect of intimacy.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 13, 2017 04:14PM

Leaving Mormonism taught me to embrace change in my worldview. Lots of people get stuck one way. But when your shelf collapses, you don't have to go after change. Change comes for you like an angry chimp. You can't be a stick in the mud anymore.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 13, 2017 04:29PM

Leaving the MormonCult taught me that I could stand up to evil all by my little ole self and take pride in taking this action. This action definitely boosted my own self-image.

Sleazy Joey had thrown out all sorts of threats, saying that he, better than Christ himself, had held an organization together, and me, little ole me, dared to say to Joey.....you are nothing but a blowheart, a vile victimizer of little girls and devoted followers, and I am so proud that I discovered facts and evidence that threw you under the bus where you deserve to lie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2017 04:32PM by presleynfactsrock.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.