Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 01:46AM

Sweetie Pie,
I know that when you're alone, and you think of us, you cry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AfraidOfMormons ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 02:18AM

:-/

Posted by: gotosayit ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 03:08AM

"Read Matthew 25:40" is grumbled in passing if I'm having a bad day. However, I enjoy making a game of their shunning. I circle around to be unavailable, cheerily greet the Shunner, ask about their life, and compliment them about something. Their attitude sometimes changes, sometimes not. I don't go away upset and the look on their face after these encounters is priceless.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 04:48AM

No decent person would want to belong to an organization which encourages shunning or harassment.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 14, 2017 06:04PM

My Mennonite buddy Jake and I talk about this all the time. His sister shuns him because her says hell, damn and shit occasionally.

Posted by: Anon370H55V ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 04:55AM

>:-P

Ppffffttttt!!!!!!

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 05:40AM

Get a life.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 07:27AM

The fact that you lurk here and shun me for leaving speaks volumes about the prophet.

Posted by: Any Poster ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 09:11AM

Welcome to RfM. I'm pleased to know that you're finally getting some decent reading material.

If you recognize me, understand that the door you closed is now locked. Some words can't be forgotten, some deeds can't be undone. The price you wanted to charge me is yours to pay. Free minds and hearts heal; caged ones do not.

I'm growing, living my life in freedom and joy, while you are a lurker of life, waiting to die so that you might finally "live." Good luck with that.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 09:48AM

Dear shunners,
It's ok. I was both surprised and upset when you first started shunning me, but I'm over it.
Mainly because I wouldn't want to be around people who would "shun" someone anyway.
In fact, your actions were a real "revelation" -- they showed your true personality, where love is conditional, tolerance is non-existent, and honesty is absent. Which gave me the opportunity to distance myself from such despicable traits, and the people who have them.

So...shun away. It sort of pains me that you'll never have any real friends, and never feel the pure joy of unconditional love from another human being, but that's the path you've chosen. You're free to continue on it, I simply want no part of it.
Of course, if you ever come to your senses, I'll be there with open arms...

Date: May 11, 2017 02:22AM

^^^ I'm better for reading that.

Posted by: cynful ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 10:15AM

Thanks a lot for the scam... you shunned me by "forgetting" to confirm my baptism (twice), and were so petty, you even shunned me because of the name on my car license plate (the same as my board name). SO glad I NEVER went back.

Posted by: gotosayit ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 11:02AM

Oops that should've read "unavoidable", not unavailable, dang autocorrect lol.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 12:27PM

Excited that you are lurking here.....but be careful. You might learn something!

Posted by: Anon-noyed ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 12:47PM

Um, lurker here. Not a shunner, though. I imagine it must feel a lot like what you are communicating to lurkers. "Since you're not like me, I'm going to tear you down." Let's assume I'm transitioning out, your group is no better at showing acceptance or kindness over what seems to be constantly communicated about non "non-believers".

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 02:46PM

There's quite a difference between "I don't agree with you, and here's why," and "You cannot be here or communicate with us or be part of us unless you conform to our wishes."

The former is what goes on here (mostly).
The latter is "shunning."

You, for example, are welcome to lurk, post, and disagree with me or anyone else here. And me with you. But nobody is going to tell you that you aren't welcome unless you agree with someone.

Posted by: Anonagain ( )
Date: May 14, 2017 04:50PM

Hey kettle, I'm the pot

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 05:31AM

Consider that if board members didn't feel anything but acceptance and kindness from the TBMs in their lives while transitioning, then leaving the church would be a whole lot easier, wouldn't it?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 02:51PM

One of them does occasionally. To her I say, Hello, Heidi.

Posted by: holydiver ( )
Date: May 14, 2017 04:58PM

I'd tell them to breathe deep, I welcome them into my fold, I feel most everything here is infallible proof, where as they can only hope that what they believe is true. If they are here they may need support, support this community could provide. Besides, if they are just here to bear witness to their church, I can be just as ignorant as they are... By ignoring them.

Date: May 15, 2017 12:48AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2017 01:59AM by kathleen.

Date: May 15, 2017 08:54AM

You can ask any question you want here, and lots of people will answer. And no one needs to know who you are.

I use my own name to be visable to my family, but you can be anonymous. Some of the "anon" names here are really fun.

Anyway, this is a safe place to get answers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.