Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 02:26PM

Has anyone tried it for weight loss? Does it seem to work?
Is it more like an appetite suppressant, or does it really help to burn fat more? I keep reading conflicting stories, of course, I'm not going to read stories from the endorsers of it.
I know you only take 1-2 tbsps, but what do you drinkers mix it with, drink it heated up or ice, then how OFTEN a day? I've heard, up to 3x

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 02:32PM

Yeah, it probably helps a little.
But it's no "miracle."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/22/health/apple-cider-vinegar-benefits/

And the "dose" is 1-2 tbsps ONCE a day, preferably just before bed.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 03:02PM

Doesn't help weight loss for me but it does help with water retention. I mostly use it to help repopulate the good bugs in my digestive system.

I add it to some spicy tea like chai after it's cool enough that it won't kill the mother in the ACV.

I try not to use sweeteners, so I stir in a half tsp or more of baking soda to reduce the tartness. Be prepared, it will foam as much as beer.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 03:19PM

I would rather use a tablespoon or two in a glass of cold water and drink it like that. Or take a supplement.

Never got into a regimen with apple cider, so can't say if it helps with weight loss or not. I've favored green tea supps over the apple cider.

It is supposed to be good to detox the system based on what I know about it.

I've used it in the house to freshen rooms - it neutralizes odors, and it is excellent for a multi-purpose household organic cleaner. Always dilute it like 1 part vinegar to 2-3 parts water for household purposes.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 03:30PM

I use it to mix virgin marys with a dash of acv plus a dash of Worcestershire in tomato juice. Mmmmmmm.

Date: May 15, 2017 03:44PM

Now you're talkin'.
Except for the "virgin" part...:)

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 06:00PM

The best weight loss program uses fewer forks and spoons. I lost 100 lbs by keeping a fork out of my hand. Eat everything imagining the serving to be 1/2 cup. No seconds. And alas, give up Oreo cookies, ice cream and those oh so delicious chips.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 06:54PM

I take a capsule every day in the hope that it stops me from getting another kidney stone. I've lost no weight due to taking them.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 17, 2017 12:51PM

Don't let this get out, but I found out after too much experimentation that diet and exercise will help you lose weight.

Posted by: nevermo4 ( )
Date: May 17, 2017 05:18PM

I read a medical article recently basically saying that it was a non-beneficial fad.

It discussed tooth decay and stomach upset.

For cleaning though,the acid is probably very efficient.

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: May 17, 2017 06:15PM

The teeth part does have me thinking about the acid rotting the enamel on my teeth. This is only my 2nd day. It doesn't curb my appetite, so far. I can eat even when I'm not hungry though.
It has some benefits, like a couple of people mentioned, but I was wondering about the fat burning part. Well, if it did, it'll be all over the news , and expensive.
I see the doctor at the end of the month for my yearly physical, so I'll see if I lose weight and if my blood test results come out better

Date: May 17, 2017 07:21PM

Hockey Rat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The teeth part does have me thinking about the
> acid rotting the enamel on my teeth.

Dilute it and it's fine.
Or use it in a vinaigrette.

Coke is worse :)

> ...but I was wondering about the fat
> burning part.

Know what "burns fat?" Exercise. :)

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 17, 2017 06:20PM

Hockey Rat,

I was going to respond to your comment on my thread earlier, but it closed before I could.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1978204,1978331#msg-1978331

Re: the no doz spell you had in high school. One of my colleagues at junior college tried that to stay up all night before a big exam.

She became physically ill between the No Doz and trying to stay up all night. That stuff just made her feel lousy and sick. It did not help with the test performance, at all. After that she dropped out of school when the semester ended. She'd lost her mojo. :(

I tried it a couple times in college myself, and like you, decided it wasn't for me. I felt sick from it, but not to the point that you did. It helped me stay awake, but I felt more burned out than had I just studied without it. In those days as a TBM I didn't drink any caffeinated tea or coffee. I still couldn't handle a single dose or two of the No Doz.

Glad you were alright after your big scare.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2017 06:22PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: May 18, 2017 10:18AM

you need to choose unfiltered natural vinegar, such as Bragg's, to have any benefit from it. Dilute 2 tbsp in 2 tbsp water to drink. A drizzle of raw honey will make it easier to take and a bit like lemonade

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.