Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 12, 2017 12:30AM

I think that was it; the show simply features people telling interesting stories in a cabaret setting. Today one of the stories was a mormon girl from Idaho whose father was called to bishop; he shaved his beard and stopped wearing his farmer overalls to fill his calling. Anyway, she had to have his approval as bishop to get into BYU (which almost all of her relatives attended) so she did everything by the book, until the very end of the worthiness interview, where she felt guilty enough to tell her dad/bishop that she had allowed her boyfriend to "touch her boobies". She said that she *thought* that was heavy petting, but admitted, even after 3 kids years later, still wasn't sure what heavy petting was.

Anyway, her dad said, that as her dad, not a big deal, but as her bishop, he didn't sign her paperwork, so...no BYU.

Her boyfriend, the boobie toucher?

He got in to BYU.

But doggone it, because of work...I missed the last minute of the story!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 12, 2017 07:52AM

In Mormonism, the guys ALWAYS have it easy. When a girl gets pregnant at BYU, she gets kicked out. Even worse, sometimes she's not allowed by her parents to return home. The guy, though? All he has to do is tell the bishop, "Nah, it wasn't me."

Posted by: forbidden boob ( )
Date: June 12, 2017 08:28AM

https://www.themoth.org

You can go to the site of the station that aired the story, and see if there are any details to help you search.

The missing part of the story makes it more poignant. Of course I'd like to read that she shunned her father, struggled through a secular college on her own, and started her own search for fulfillment.

How horrible to feel the need to confess to her own father, the last person on earth to be tangled up in her sexuality. There ought to be a rule - alternate bishop to listen to each other's kids.

And for him to use the position against his own child, not to feel a need to cherish her honesty - what a loser. (Though it applies, I don't mean "loser" in only the 21st century, capital L, slang sense of the word.) He cluelessly threw away the most precious gift she could have given him. For a boob touch.

What a price for both of them to pay for a fairy tale.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 12, 2017 09:00AM

Hmmm...I searched through the moth site, and found a bunch of mormonish stories but not the one I want.

But there *are* mormonish stories, like.....

https://themoth.org/stories/to-russia-with-love

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: June 12, 2017 10:08AM

And if every girl who had her boobs touched didn't get in to BYU, the church would have to close down the university.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.