Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: C2NR ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 06:25PM

This is third hand information, so take it for what it is worth, but I believe it is credible. My brother, who is in good standing with the church and personally knows a nurse that takes care of Monson and other GA's, told me that when Monson announced in April that temples were going to be built in Brasília, Brazil; Manila, Philippines; Nairobi, Kenya; Pocatello, Idaho; and Saratoga Springs, Utah it was news to those on the stand behind him. It appears that in his senility he pulled this out of his hat. My brother realizes he is senile and jokingly said it was revelation in real time. We shall see if and when these temples get built.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 06:27PM

If you had told us it was the temple in Haiti I'd have believed you.

Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 06:50PM

Well, I think I can say with near 100& certainty that any temple announced in the thick of the Morridor will be built, and faster than the others. In other words, Pocatello and Saratoga Springs will undoubtedly be the first temples of this group to be completed.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 06:58PM

Manila already has a temple, and another one in the Philippines announced in 2010 (Urdaneta, Pangasinan - about 100 miles north of Manila) hasn't been built yet.

So Monson making that one up on the spot is certainly plausible :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.