Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: It Gets Better ( )
Date: June 26, 2017 03:18PM

In your life as a mormon, did you ever say something that you wish you could take back now?

When I was in the bishopric, a friend in the ward was having doubts that it was possible to learn truth through about the book of mormon through prayer and the holy ghost.

I suggested to him that the testimony of the spirit was the ONLY way to gain a testimony of the BOM, because it could apply to everyone. Some people are smarter than others, but great intelligence is not needed to feel the spirit. He accepted this, and is still active in church.

How I wish I could take that back! I now see the flaw in my explanation, and I feel guilty for helping to persuade someone to accept something that is so clearly fraudulent.

Of all the stupid stuff that I said as a mormon zombie, this one haunts me for some reason. I just cannot figure out why.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: June 26, 2017 03:52PM

I'd take back verything I ever said to promote TSCC to my children.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: June 26, 2017 04:27PM

I'm with Kathleen!

Before children, I would take back:

"No, I can't marry you. You are an athiest, and you drink."
"Thanks for offering to join my church, and pay tithing, and marry me in the temple, but we both know you still wouldn't believe in it, and you would be living a lie. I need a true believer."

How horrible. This man was the love of my life, and we grew up together. He offered to pay my tuition at a major university, so I could finish my education there. What was I thinking? Well, I was brainwashed, and not thinking straight. Four years later, I married an RM in the temple, and he beat me. Somehow, I felt this was poetic justice. My dear love has been married for many, many years, now, and his wife has lived the life of my dreams. I didn't deserve him. We are still great friends.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 26, 2017 08:07PM

I would take this back--I know this church is true, I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: June 26, 2017 08:16PM

I would take back the many testimonies of JS, the Prophets, the church is true, the lessons I taught on the church, and serving a mission. I would take back my power and speak up more by allowing many to victimize, betray, and insult me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.