Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ikandee2000 ( )
Date: June 27, 2017 08:56PM

Yesterday, I had to tell my mom exactly how bad things have been in my life. I divorced a narcissist (she never knew he was abusive while we were married). I lost my job because I was so depressed I couldn't function. SO I finally hit the point where I need to tell my mom. I've tried to not tell her becuase I assumed she would attribute my recent pitfalls directly to leaving the church. Well, she did not do that. I'm so glad I was wrong about her response. I've gained much needed support from someone that wants nothing but the best from me. Sometimes, I feel there is a huge rift between us because I left Mormonism, but yesterday, there was no rift. I feel such a relief. People suprise you sometimes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: June 27, 2017 09:12PM

nice - I'm happy for you.

Posted by: Anoncauselazy ( )
Date: June 27, 2017 09:26PM

Its pretty common for church members to speak the party lines However I'm glad to see your mom is one of those moms whose family bonds are important without the church having to say its important. Actually warms my heart a bit. My mom has lately mostly stopped bothering me about church but then again church doesn't take up every single moment of her time either.

Posted by: turbo ( )
Date: June 28, 2017 12:14AM

Yah! Good to hear

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.