Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: July 09, 2017 12:16AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 09, 2017 01:23AM

The doctrine of infallibility is a bitch.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: July 09, 2017 02:42PM

Thanks Topper for posting this video link. I found it worth the time to watch. Also glad Thinker Of Thoughts took the time to produce it. Great job!

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: July 09, 2017 06:01PM

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: July 09, 2017 03:37PM

Regarding the concept "race" regarding human beings.

My not so humble opinion:
There is only one human race. There are genetic variations that cause different body shapes and skin pigmentation. Neither of which should be the basis for superiority nor inferiority freedom or slavery.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 09, 2017 08:46PM

Very educational. I suppose it's easy to deconstruct the arm-waving ramblings of some LDS "Wayne's World" guys. This one was worth doing.

It's interesting that the argument is put forth that "the church learned its lesson and won't do it again" regarding making people feel less-than because of the circumstances they were born into. However, the children of gays are being treated exactly the same way. The leaders learned absolutely nothing.

They want to be polygamists, but grudgingly obey the law. They want to discriminate, but grudgingly obey the law. Why? Because it's very uncomfortable to admit how unenlightened the early leaders were. That puts one in jeopardy of being a chump. You can't look at your leaders. You can't look at yourself. Mormonism taints every soul it touches. It's not empowering. It's dis-empowering, which is intentional.

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: July 09, 2017 10:49PM

This is a lengthy but well worth listening to all the way through. The Three Mormon's are deluded and brain washed. I am so glad their diatribe has been so thoroughly refuted. I would hope the 3 would be presented with the this, not that they would have the ability to absorb any of it.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: July 09, 2017 11:05PM

I asked one of the 3mormons who posted a video saying that the priesthood Ban was not doctrine about the letter from the first presidency saying that the priesthood ban was doctrine.

That person responded by saying that it was doctrine in a sense - but that because of time constraints, editing, etc. they didn't have time to make the distinction between core, supporting, policy and esoteric doctrine.

But for anyone watching the 3mormons video - they heard 7-8 times that the ban was "not doctrine."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.