Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jonny (the girl) ( )
Date: July 11, 2017 04:41PM

I just want to SCREAM!!!!! Wathcing dr phil, repeat that I have seen, but the smug child molesting Ralph put his hand to the square, at least that's how I interpret it, to proclaim by God that he did not molest his step daughter or grand daughter.

I was molested by my own grandfather. Among who only knows how many others.

Sorry, just had to let that out.

Oh, and I am jonny that moved to Kansas city, and wanted to clarify that I am female. I still want to meet you Elder Berry though, just haven't gotten to it.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 11, 2017 05:47PM

I'll bet that would be annoying to see.

Jonny, good to hear from you! How is life in Missouri? Do you like where you are living?

Posted by: jonny (the girl) ( )
Date: July 13, 2017 01:14PM

Well, lets just say I have not run back to Utah. I like it here, though my day to day is not much different. I live in a pretty safe area for now, and while expectations did not pan out, it is cool.

I love not feeling angry and anxious every time I step outside because there are church buildings everwhere. I think that I have a touch of ptsd involving the church, and that has helped not having that trigger here. I have only seen two buildings, and one was next to the temple.

I finally drove around the temple. Really small, I was surprised. you can build a house right there, that would be crazy. But I did that visit by choice. It's like 10 minutes away from me, so I see it sometimes on the freeway, but it's not in my face.

So there is so much more and so many observations. It has been freeing though. Thanks for asking!! one of these days I am going to go to the plaza and meet Elder Berry.....

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 13, 2017 01:32PM

I saw those episodes, too, and I should not have watched. But like roadkill, I was totally digusted but looked anyway. I wanted to stomp a mudhole in that lying, child molesting little troll. What a perfect example of the hypocricy of tscc. There is plenty of abuse that goes on, in the name of god.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 13, 2017 05:41PM

That which has been seen cannot be unseen.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 14, 2017 12:55PM

The expression, as I understood it, was "Arm to the square," at least as far the LDS "gesture" is concerned?

I rarely watch his show, but I am a big Dr. Phil fan--my MD sister appeared as a guest on his program promoting her clinic for drug-addicted expectant mothers--but as a former treatment worker I also saw the kind of $#!% you're referring to.

Quite simply, my view is there are things human eyes and the human conscience weren't truly equipped to see; at least mine weren't.

Child sexual abuse is still epidemic in Utah and elsewhere, and it's a multi-generational horror that sickens me.

Thanks,

SLC

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.