Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 11:04AM

Good Morning everyone!!! It is going to be a hot one today here in Eastern North Carolina. Since I am finally have a break from school, I am going to relax. I do have to make sure that I run and clean out the dishwasher today and I will probably try and do a couple loads of laundry but otherwise I am going to sit here inside the house with the a/c, my coffee and do whatever the hell I want too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 11:32AM

Headed to Atlanta to see the Moody Blues in concert at Chastain Park....

Gatorman
I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band....

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 07:23PM

Sounds good, gatorman. Enjoy the show!

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 11:37AM

Going to walk some elderly dachschunds then come home and putter around the house. Try to go tubing in the Animas if it warms up more and have pizza for dinner because I'm sick of doing dishes since our dishwasher broke down last week.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 11:37AM

Stay cool over there in North Carolina! It's a hot one gere in DC.
I'm doing volunteer work here at Franklin Park; a group of us are bringing things (like a potluck) and feeding the homeless. I'm a sweaty mess, but it's all worth it. :-)

Posted by: kairos ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 11:48AM

Uh! go to the RC church nearby-but only my DW is LDS so i will pass this day on the 3 hour horror block!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 12:44PM

SFA

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 02:47PM

Cleaned out some old clothes and linens to make a couple of large bags for a goodwill donation - 39 gallon size. Paid a bill, dropped the clothes off, along with some other things. Resisted the urge to use the coupons I earned to go inside and check out the stuff. What I don't need is to bring home more stuff lol. I'm trying to thin out, not accumulate. It is a discipline.

It's warm here too today. Is expected to cool down during the week. Maybe some more thunderstorms and rain tonight.

We had two tornadoes since late last week in our area. They are rare in these parts. No one was hurt but it sent some cars flying through the air, broken windows, a couple of farms lost their barns, etc. It's a wonder no one was injured.

Doing laundry here too. I really enjoy the smell of fresh wash on a summer day. :)

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 03:39PM

Up in the mountains, hiked around again. My feet and legs hurt, but it's a good pain, and the view was great.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 04:25PM

The 24th of July is a holiday for some Utahns (but not my sons, who don't work for Utah-owned businesses). We're having a barbecue tomorrow, so we're cleaning house, and cooking, getting ready for that. The anticipation is fun though it is a lot of work. We already spruced up the yard and patio, this morning, before it got too hot.

Tonight, I'll be alone with my dog, and we're to eat ice cream in my cool AC house, and watch my two favorite Christmas movies, which Hallmark Channel has been showing all week. Various neighbors set off fireworks continuously from July 4 to July 24, so somebody has to babysit her. She hides under my desk and shakes--so pathetic.

All this is therapy! When I get flashbacks from past Mormon abuse (extreme abuse), I just concentrate on the present moment, and soon I'm back to being happy again. The moment--well, maybe tomorrow, too--is the only reality.

Happy Sunday!!

Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 04:35PM

Went tubing down our seasonal river (borders the property) when it was safe enough between summer storms. Now I am going to do some illustration art work while listening to BBC radio plays online. :)

Posted by: Particles of Faith ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 06:12PM

Sitting at O'Hare hoping my flight is only delayed by 30 minutes.

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 07:21PM

I have a love/hate relationship with that airport. Work travel (which I don't do much anymore) had me connecting there nearly every week for half a year.

Hate: crazy, noisy, stressful terminals

Hate: delays

Love: night-time arrivals and all the lights. Chicago's lights are pretty amazing overall. It's especially nice in the winter and it has just snowed.

Love: between E/F concourses (the two that that United occupy), there's a nice, quiet little connecting hallway. There are a few couches, and it's a great place to catch a little break if you have a few minutes.

Love: the sit-down restaurant at the end of E/F concourses (again, if you have a long-enough layover to actually sit down); great food that always went well with a Goose Island brew. I wonder if the same restaurant is still there?

Hey, look a that, more "loves" than "hates". Maybe, like my time as a TBM, I'm blocking all the bad memories.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 08:48PM

Went to brunch with a friend I've had since first grade. A mere 57 years. Then we saw Jesus Christ Superstar.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 09:07PM

I have had a peaceful day after out of town company for a few days is gone. Got some grocery shopping and laundry done. Reading some Agatha Christie novels again. Today, dealing pretty well with my gastroparesis. This has been a good, peaceful day. By the way, I love you guys here. Peace out, Aquarius

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 09:18PM

After very high heat and humidity this weekend, it rained just enough to cool off here in this podunk city. The Brickyard race was here and did finally get running! It is nice to hear the buzzing of the cars from here. Don't know who won yet? It is blacked out here while the race is going on.
Oh, yeah. And Read and read some more here on good ol' RfM!!! Takes lots of time to sit and read..................
Going to the store here in a few minutes. Yep, shoppin' on Sunday. I love it!

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 01:42AM

Went to our favorite Junk-O-Rama.

Found desk of my dreams--enormous vintage oak with all the drawers and locks and gadgets and ...

$19.

Junk store helpers schlepped it out to our rig, loaded it up and told us the history of it.

--Came out of now-defunct XXX-Cab Co. That's fine, except DH remembered the story behind XXX. XXX added the most logical addition to his cab business--prostitutes.

--Local politician figured XXX was cutting into his own gig and saw to it that XXX got the Bishop Snow treatment, threw him in a cab and set it ablaze. Law enforcement was advised that an investigation wouldn't benefit anyone.

Now I have XXX's desk. No refunds. Maybe we should have gone to church.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2017 02:35AM by kathleen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.