Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 26, 2017 01:26PM

At least, that's my assessment of the information I have available. Love as I experience it is timeless and my connections aren't affected by distance. Experiments in mental non-locality aren't affected by distance. From what I can see, love fills all space because it doesn't drop off with distance. That means in a very real sense, the power of love is infinite because it fills infinite space.

If you remember feeling good about doing genealogy, that was your connection to your ancestors. Across time, across dimensions, who knows? Now that you know the gospel is bogus. you know there was something else making you feel that. The power of love. There's no need to pretend. The only need is to be. Love doesn't need a reason.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 26, 2017 02:29PM

It has the famous verse, "God is love" (1 John 4:16). Since God is infinite, you get an interesting syllogism here. In context:

"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him" (ESV).

On a philosophical note, I see Love as the "something" or "Somebody" that brings things and us (and other sentient beings) together. It's done on the micro level (you and me, you and your family, pets, etc.) and on the macro level between God and Creation. It has vertical and horizontal dimensions.

Also, love is a combination of thoughts, instincts, behavior, specific actions, and...yes, feelings, too. Part of our falleness is that we focus too much on feelings, to the neglect of conscious, deliberate acts.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 26, 2017 02:44PM

when a person is young and they first catch the scent of "love"
( SEX) it is so overwhelming that they get the (MISTAKEN) impression that it will carry on forever. It does NOT. Time proves that.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: July 26, 2017 02:54PM

Nothing you can know that isn't known
Nothing you can see that isn't shown
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 26, 2017 04:42PM

If so, how about using that power to heal all the sick people in the world, right now? Or stop all the wars right now?

Hmm, maybe not so "infinite" after all...

It's an awfully nice thing to give & get. And the more of it we all have, the better IMHO.

But I think you're a bit too enthusiastic in your description :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.