Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dick ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 12:05PM

I never see any career or academic credentials in Michael Ash's books or articles.

Question. Does anyone know what Ash does as a job? What level of education does he have and in what areas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: KC ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 12:08PM

Posted by: dick ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 12:16PM

I wonder if he has any higher education. If he did, I'm sure he would list it.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 12:19PM

He definitely has a BS degree.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 12:20PM

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 12:23PM

http://www.shakenfaithsyndrome.com/ash.html

http://www.mormonfortress.com/apolog1.html

He also participated in a FAIR (or FARMS?) video presentation about DNA, which I didn't see listed amongst his publications in the above article. I got the impression at the time that he was a scientist and that he worked at BYU, but apparently not. I remember him being scathingly critical of Dr. Simon Southerton, who is "only" a plant geneticist, a fact that Mormon apologists use to try and discredit him by constantly using the "only" reference. In reality, some of Simon's work relates to the very subjects at hand re lineages, human migration, genetic make-up of the "New World", etc. (All related to the various geography theories related to the BoM and its tales).

Turns out that quite a few of the contributors to the LDS video on DNA were not qualified scientists. That's not what I expected from such a presentation. I also find it contradictory to criticize Simon for being "only" in regards to qualifications about genetic studies when many of their contributors to the discussion are not qualified in that branch of science at all (i.e., majored in languages, and other unrelated fields).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 12:25PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: grateful ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 01:47PM

He is a part of FAIR. That's about as far removed from being a scientist as a Mormon apologetic can get.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 29, 2011 03:39PM

Mikes credential reside literally amongst the principal ancestors of the Native Americans...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 04:12PM by jon.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 01:49PM

Maybe he is a Notary Public.

Posted by: anon jokester ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 01:58PM

His parents made great sacrifices to save money to send him to college. Once there, he began to grow his goatee. When he was satisfied, he had his picture taken and mailed it home with a note that read: "Fascinating, no? Don't I perhaps look like a count?"

"You idiot!" His father wrote back. "Here we spend a fortune on your education and you can't even spell!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.