Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 01, 2017 06:38PM

But it's hot outside so I'm enjoying a pint of dark Vancouver Island Brewing lager. Hope ya'll are having as good a Tuesday afternoon as you can.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 01, 2017 06:48PM

I am currently at a trivia contest. Won last week. Having a slushy drink that is like a daiquiri. Great on a hot day. Fun to get out. Heat has diminished outdoor activity.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 01, 2017 09:49PM

Damn, Eric....that sounds yummy....

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 01, 2017 09:15PM

One of my wisdom teeth was pulled yesterday. So I'm still taking it kind of easy. The weather is hot here too, but we're not having a heat wave like the Pacific Northwest is.

Stay cool there, friend!

Posted by: Anon370855V ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 03:00PM

August First! One month since my heart attack and 32 days without a smoke!

And with each day that goes by, the stubborner and more determined I get! I've been told that my stubbornness is one of my least attractive traits, but oh, well. I just want to be healthy. I'll worry about "attractive" later.

I have to say, I really kind of hate my "post-heart-attack-diet". No salt. No fat. No FLAVOR! All the dietary expert people told me when I want a nice snack, I should eat yogurt... am I the only person in the world who hates, loathes, and despises yogurt? It gags me.

As for my other addiction(s), Mountain Dew and writing, I think I'm doing okay. Alternating between 7up and Canada Dry Ginger Ale seems to satisfy my Dew addiction much better than I thought it would. I like them both and they are caffeine-free so I'm officially off caffeine! Besides, in all those stupid Mountain Dew TV commercials, it looks like Mtn Dew is only for young caucasian males who do sports and $h!t like that. I guess I've been drinkin' outta my league all these years!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 08:00PM

I see your stubborness as one of your best traits!

This time your 'weakness' has become your 'strength!' :)

Have you tried fat free jello cups, or pudding cups? There's a nice rice pudding cup I've been snacking lately that comes in fat free variety.

My doc recommended a bland diet last week. Guess I should be more mindful of what I'm eating too.

Consider you're going through all these "improvements" at the same time. So be patient with yourself when you take two steps forward, one back, etc. Think 'baby steps.'

It's a lifestyle change you be incorporating. Hang in there, it will get better. :)

Posted by: Anon370855V ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 12:19PM

Thank you, Amyjo!
The encouragement helps a lot.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 12:37PM

I despise yogurt.

Flavor up your food with Herbs and spices. I love fresh Basil on a lot of different things. Cinnamon is another favorite.

I have an herb garden so I can have those fresh flavors whenever I want them. Sage, Rosemary, chives, Basil, Tarragon, Mint,Parsley and Cilantro are my mainstays. I often try different varieties.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 02:45PM

I had to give up salt, in my last months of pregnancy, and I never went back to it. After a couple of months off of salt, I got used to it, and started appreciating the unique taste of each individual vegetable. Like Janis, I like the unique spices and herbs. It's fun to experiment.

A boyfriend introduced me to yogurt, and it made me gag at first, too, because of the texture and sour taste. It is definitely an acquired taste! I would buy strawberry yogurt, and force myself to eat one tablespoon at a time, out of the carton in the refrigerator (It has to be very cold.) When the summer was over, I was hooked on it.

I still can't eat yogurt straight, though. The 0% fat yogurt is nasty! The 2% is my favorite.

Greek yogurt has a less slimy texture, and is a bit sweeter than the regular yogurt. I use it instead of mayonnaise (I had to mix it half and half with mayo at first) and sour cream. I like plain Greek yogurt mixed with fruit, almost as much as pudding or ice cream, well, almost, because it isn't bad for you, like other desserts.

I don't eat anything I hate. Life's too short. There's too much variety out there. Try all the healthy stuff, and give it a fair chance, and if you still don't like it, move on to something else. How about a glass of ice cold milk.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 04:41PM

I am enjoying some ice coffee and once I am done with that, I will be moving on to some sweet tea.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.