Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 03:10AM

My husband and I used to live very close to Judson High School near San Antonio, Texas. We don't have children and moved right before Jared Anderson was evidently hired, so we never crossed paths with this guy. Apparently, he was having sex parties with boys, none of whom were his students. Supposedly, he was otherwise a gifted teacher. :(

http://kutv.com/news/local/former-lds-leader-in-texas-sentenced-to-10-years-for-behavior-with-boys

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 06:21AM

I'm quite sure that masturbation led him to this.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 03:37PM

Haha probably by mormon logic its the gateway to evil.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 05:07PM

It's a sad situation, isn't it? "Teacher of the Year" my ass. I can't stand when a fellow educator abuses children in this manner. It completely disgusts me.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 01:00AM

I wrote about this case yesterday. In my post, I included this quote from Mr. Anderson, which he posted before all of this came to light.

"I am Mormon. It has made me who I am. I served my mission in the Utah Ogden Mission. It was amazing. I love my family. My mom is rad. I’m married to an amazingly beautiful woman. My son is adorable and fills a hole in my heart that I didn’t know was there. I believe in retail therapy. Laughing is fun. You should try it sometime. I graduated from BYU-Idaho in English Education. I think correct grammar is impressive. Books are my addiction. I want my own library someday, so I’m preparing for that room now by collecting myriad books. I love to sing. Green is my favorite color. I’m a Church history buff. I love trivia. I should be on Jeopardy. But seriously, my Church drives me to do what I do. It liberates me. I wouldn’t be anywhere near the man I am today without it. You should ask me about it. Is that enough info?"

I guess being Mormon wasn't enough to prevent him from being an abusive pervert.

Posted by: don't dare log in ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 05:13PM

The brother of Jared was much more righteous.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Posted by: just sayin ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 06:51PM

I would be interested to know if this is the stance that LDS takes - if the same justice is delivered - for females similarly abused (usually penetrated) by high-school teachers.

Somehow, I think not.

All deserve justice, but, damn those pesky females, thinking that they are included in "all." We know they egg on their teachers, who are unable to resist the temptation. Odd how that doesn't apply in this situation.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 08:39AM

Is he still a member ?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.