Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 09:47PM

"Church members who promote or pursue a 'white culture' or white supremacy agenda are not in harmony with the teachings of the Church."

This was from a link on James the Mormon's Facebook page where the link "LDS Church issues statement condemning 'white supremacist attitudes.'"

https://www.facebook.com/themormonjames/?hc_ref=ARRaHrJ13YPoVVjFAe2QbZ-byLvMN38yZE2oGW3PqC9ailZlN1CvCA4yqVVI2uciIOY&fref=nf

So, has this guy or TSCC informed Nordic Sunrise of this???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2017 10:34PM by severedpuppetstrings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 12:01AM

Back in the 70's, Nordic Sunrise would have fit right in. James the Mormon would have stayed far away. I go back to before the Priesthood Restriction, and I remember the attitudes.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 12:30AM

Note: it's NOT that they're not in harmony with Christ or Christ-Like-Living,

It's TSCC they're focused on!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 01:06AM

Those who are white and delightsome, please stop talking about it.

Posted by: xxxMMMooo ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 06:40AM

What about those who pursue a black culture? (Or one among several black cultures)

What about those who pursue some specific culture that may be white? (Irish, French, Danish, etc.)

Is "Utah culture" a subset of "white culture?" Why/why not?

Think this one through, church guys.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 01:59PM

xxxMMMooo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What about those who pursue some specific culture
> that may be white? (Irish, French, Danish, etc.)
>

just what I was thinking - the media are doing their best over this side of 'the pond' to make us feel guilty for having a predominantly 'white' history. Well, excuse me but until the 50s there was no black in the union jack; only in the empire. I refuse to feel ashamed for my history or that of my parents and grandparents no matter what their colour or race. Should the irish just forget about their own culture because it is 'white'? That would be a great loss of music, poetry and song.

There was no such thing as 'white privilege' in the UK, we had class privilege, which meant that money talked (still does) and parentage mattered (matters less now).

Our past makes us what we are now, whether that be individually or as a group or a nation. If we erase the past we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes. Most importantly, we should never forget nor disrespect the people who died fighting for their beliefs - whether we agree with them or not. Even nazis got a respectful funeral in the UK during the war - we are all equal in death. Only an uncivilised group would disrespect monuments to the war dead.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 11:11AM

Geez, they're throwing Brigham Young under the bus--again!?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.