Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: No name ( )
Date: August 18, 2017 11:37PM

A while back there was a map that was leaked showing where less active members of a ward lived. It was noteworthy because there were snarky and/or derogatory comments about several of the members. Does anyone remember this? Any idea where I can find a link to it? Thanks in advance- I can not seem to find it ongoogle or rfm

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exed ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 09:41AM

The map available within my ward indicates where all of the members are located. The mapping system has no option to break it down into active/inactive households.

Posted by: yeppers ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 10:14AM

Our ward had such a map once.

It was posted publicly in the foyer for everyone to see who the less active/inactive were.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 11:03AM

I remember back when I was first married, we lived in an apartment complex in Holladay, Ut (and don't ever call it Salt Lake City, dammit. It's Holladay). The ward was pretty wealthy and Bernard P. Brockbank lived in the boundaries, which was very special. He came to Sacrament meeting a couple of times and talk about crowds around him. Maybe I’m the only one old enough to remember him.

I was called to help create or update the ward directory, which had a map inside it. I think my calling was "assistant directory staff member"

I do remember spending many hours in the evenings for a couple of months going over ward families and their makeup-lots of time spent discussing families that were just mothers and kids, and why they were divorced etc.

We talked about all of the people and who was active and who wasn’t. I don’t recall if that was listed in the directory or not. It did seem that the minute it was done, it needed updating. I think by then, I was the YM secretary, so I didn’t have to help.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.