Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 07:23PM

As the topic line indicates, these general authorities and the wife of Russell M. Nelson are speaking in Omaha and Council Bluffs today and tomorrow. My dad the bishop also seems to have the inside track on some of this. He told me today that Nelson was also going to meet the Nebraska governor Pete Ricketts.

I haven't been able to find anything online that confirms this, although I know it's happening, all the Mormons that I know are talking about it, I just haven't been able to find anything online that talks about it. But I'm wondering is that if anyone here is going to see Nelson talk, apparently he's talking in Council Bluffs to the Tri-Stake Youth, and then tomorrow in the Omaha Stake only.

I don't know how common these kind of apostle type devotionals are anymore, but I know there hasn't been one here that was open to the regular church membership for several years. Oaks came a few years ago and did some kind of high priest seminar thing, but other than that I don't know about anything going on in this part of the country.

I'm also wondering if anyone who lives in this area and happens to be going is willing to record any of his talks. I went to a Q&A with Bednar when I was 16 or 17 and it was actually pretty interesting, I wish someone would have recorded it for posterity but he deliberately asked people not to or not to write down what he was saying verbatim, ostensibly so he could not be quoted after the fact.

Wendy Watson has already spoke, after that awful book she wrote my guess is anything that she is willing to say would be pretty interesting too. My understanding is that it was just for Relief Society, bishoprics and Stake leadership so my guess is that there is no audio recording of it.

I haven't even been able to find out who the other General authorities are who are speaking, if anyone else knows please feel free to share.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2017 07:26PM by midwestanon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 07:27PM

Wendy is only a half wife.

Her heart belongs to the Dew.

Date: August 19, 2017 07:29PM

What is there connection?

Posted by: Eastbourne ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 09:53PM

The above poster was suggesting - IMHO - that Watson and Sherrie Dew are lovers.

Date: August 19, 2017 10:19PM

I get that, but why? I get that they're both famous Mormon women, but did they work together or is there anything about them that would suggest that they know each other?

Posted by: Eastbourne ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 11:46PM

Dew - I believe - is still/now the CEO of Deseret Book. Former (high level) employees of DB claim that Watson was more than a familiar face at the corporate office. The number and timing of Watson's visits were not consistent with those of similar/other authors/directors.

Dew lived/lives now in the Cottonwood/Holladay area of SLC, and Watson's car was at the Dew household overnight on many occasions, according to neighbors.

Dew introduced/facilitated Nelson's relationship with Watson, perhaps to quell lesbian talk.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 04:30PM

Both their names were on the mortgage.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 12:03AM

weren't they both listed as owners in the same house?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.