Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AVT-16 ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 09:04PM

So this is what I did. Maybe you can too I don't know what your circumstance is but here it goes.

I Have been inactive for more than a while. all church friends have moved on or just dropped off with encouraging talks from the pulpit.

However I was getting the occasional drop by and or phone calls from well meaning missionaries or HT Types.

Well the last visit was by HTs one I had no Idea who he was the other used to be a very good friend. Well you know how the conversation might have gone......but

Like this

So are you coming back to Church.....No!
Do you have a testimony still....well yeah!
Will you share is .......you wont like it if I do!

yada yada yada more chit crap talk

You ever want to come back to church please do so...no thanks
do you mind if we have a prayer .....not at all however please do it in the car after you leave.....

then fake chit crap talk on the way out....

do you mind if we come back....Of course anytime just call first

However I did not mention that I was moving to another town.
I had to change my phone # the Church does not have it or my new address.

The old phone rings to a message for a # that does not exist anymore

And I still work in the same town as before however

I have lost 75LB I have grown out my hair/ big beard (I was clean cut and no facial hair) and now have a very different set of glasses

The good brothers of the church walk right by me and don't recognize me LOL

I have even said hello and or nodded to them. No clue

So there it is I dissappeared

maybe you can too if you want to

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 01:05AM

Hilarious how clueless they are. Good for you!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 01:21AM

The problem is that family usually sell people out.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 01:33AM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There goes that nice, shiny new phone number (and address.) The Church of Jesus Christ They Won't Leave You Alone

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 02:43AM

I am starting to disappear quite well too except a few people still try to locate me. Its kind of crazy to be disappeared in plain site but it is awesome as well being way outside their bubble world but still in the real one.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 03:13AM

WTG, ATV-16!

"Disappearing" was the only way I could cope with pesky Mormons. The only reason I haven't vanished completely, is that some of my family members live in my neighborhood, and go to my old ward.

I disappeared by never setting food in any Mormon church. I don't go to funerals, either, but send a sympathy card, or respond to those online pages, that the funeral homes and/or the newspapers offer. If I'm close to the family, I will go to a viewing, and sign the register, and express my condolences, face-to-face. Nothing requires my having to sit in a Mormon meeting. Because I'm invisible, no one knows if I'm there, or not.

The Mormons made me invisible, by shunning me. Soon, I realized that I was happy not being part of their lives. By shunning me, they set me free!

I don't go to the local grocery store/gossip center anymore. I shop in a different neighborhood. I avoid the Mormon restaurants and stores.

Congratulations on your impressive weight loss! I changed my lifestyle, by hiking, skiing, bicycling, etc, on Sundays. I'm into environmental issues, animal rescue, women's rights, and other causes and charities that are unpopular with Mormons. I live in a different world, now, and I seldom cross paths with Mormons, anymore.

Great feeling, isn't it!!!

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 03:28AM

I treat Mormon weddings like Mormon funerals. I don't go. I send a gift--which is what they really want, anyway. At the last Mormon wedding reception I attended, I went by myself, and stood in line, outside the house, for 1 1/2 hours, before I finally gave up and went home. When I went up inside the doorway, to leave my gift and sign the register, people in the line actually yelled at me, to not crowd ahead. The wedding was in Provo, and the bride's father held a high position at BYU.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 05:48PM

With normal people, you'd only need to say, "I'm not interested in participating in your church or having church visitors. Goodbye."

That would be it.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 08:32PM

I'm still on the records. The bishop works at the same company, in the same building, with his office about 100 yards from mine. I run across him often. The bishop asked for a meeting a few years back. I politely but firmly declined. Nobody from the church has approached me since.

I guess I've been lucky. However he's about due for release, so we'll see what happens in the future.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.