Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 09:20PM

Simple. They want back into good graces after upsetting the powers that be.

My father is the most Mormon man I know. If an apostle told him to kill himself he probably would do it.

He got excommunicated for doing what Joseph Smith did - molesting a 14 year old girl. Taking away his "blessings" was the most painful thing I've seen him endure.

For people who have had a Second Anointing and don't want back in the church isn't going to go to the trouble to excommunicate them. Unless they do something which smacks of leading others "astray" or being part of a wider world of Mormons the powers that be won't excommunicate anyone unless they feel they have to. This is the simplest explanation to me.

Thus Tom Phillips may rattle a saber in the courts of England but he is living in isolation on Malta.

John Dehlin is in the hear of Mormonism speaking to people and sharing a message of tolerance and understanding and reasonable boundaries.

Who are they going to excommunicate? The Second Anointing is smoke and mirrors. It may give consolation to the highest two quorums in their lying, cheating, and stealing the souls of "men" but even for men in the Seventies Quorums it isn't the license to steal without oversight. Only the highest leaders can truly have their calling and election made sure. They make all the callings and elections sure.

In my opinion, Hamula really wants back into the church and will do what it takes to get back all his "blessings" because folks that's all it is. A high leader says the magic words and everything is restored. That's some calling.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 09:52PM

I wonder if the Second Anointing concept is similar to the Mafia, pick your country. Once you get that high up in the organization, the veil is taken off your eyes and you can SEE the deception, lies and scam up front. They don't want any whistle blowers so they con them with the Second Anointing. Stan may feel victorious when folks get the "oath" in the Morg and Mafia. I'm so happy I am out permanently.

Date: August 22, 2017 08:30AM

Perks and a promise of salvation can be just as powerful as money and threats of violence in motivating people to support bad things.

Posted by: exed ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 09:59PM

When the husband gets his SA, his wife does, also. What happens if one of them breaks some type of serious covenant (such as cuss out the upper echelon)? Does the wife still get a free pass to the CK?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 10:04PM

Sure, but as a plural wife to Joe or Briggy!

Date: August 22, 2017 08:28AM

exed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does the wife still get a free pass to
> the CK?

I think not. It also explains the probable high divorce rate among couples in my condition. My wife has zero guarantee she will be with me in The Celestial Kingdom. She has about as much election made sure as a Mormon spinster.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.