Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: namatod ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 09:49AM

I've seen this being posted all over Facebook. It's sad when TBM LBGT members think they have to divorce because of the morg.

http://www.ldsliving.com/Watch-A-Lesbian-Couple-Shares-Why-They-Divorced-to-Join-the-Church-in-Powerful-Video/s/86166?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=lovebeingmormon

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 10:27AM

LDS Living really needs to take this article down. It is awful. TBM families with gay loved ones will use it as ammunition.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 10:49AM

Do you think they're really going to be welcoming her in full fellowship in Relief Society as long as she has that haircut? (I'm a lesbian, I'm not picking on her, I think she's adorable) I just know for her, her behavior is never going to be enough. Even if she slapped on some makeup and wore the right clothes and girly hair, she will still stick out and not fit in, and this will mean she will always have a prickly relationship with the members. Ugh. Why on earth would she go back? There are Christian denominations out there that will welcome her and her (ex) wife as they are. It makes me angry and sad and I want to scream.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 11:41AM

This is as bad as when Fox features a "Canadian" who supposedly has to come to the states to be treated. I don't trust the writer.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 11:45AM

We're the church that believes in eternal families!
So get divorced, and you can join!

Asshats.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 12:48PM

Once Courtney and Rachelle find out that the church is false they will get re married that's my guess. So now they will try to be attracted to men and try to get married in the temple? They probably think that getting a divorce was the solution and soon they will find out how sad they will be without each other.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 10:08PM

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 01:46PM

I didn't even watch. When I read the phrase "..I knew the church was true..." there was no need.

That phrase is a non-sequitor. Saying that something is true implies the possibility that it *could* be false, and because it's religious, the word "true" doesn't really fit anyway. Facts are true or false; feelings can be true or false, depending on the context of the input--that where mormons use the "feeling" aspect, but into that they fold facts and logic (as the church teaches their version of facts and logic anyway) to sell their religion as "true."

These women need to learn that the church is, in fact a "fabrication", and by extension, false.

Then they can be free.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 02:14PM

I think these women are actors. I felt like it was all scripted and insipid.

Maybe one of a marriage would be that stupid, but not both.

If you love each other, stay married girls!

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 03:06PM

I don't. I sensed this kind of veiled sadness from them when they were talking about what they had to do when they finished reading the book of Mormon and decided the church was true and blah blah blah. When they were explaining that they realized that they were going to have to file for divorce and be apart, I think they were trying as hard as they could to paint this as a picture of happiness since they had found the church and we're going to be happy and what not, but it seemed to me like it was them disguising their sadness as happiness.

And they seemed overwhelmingly sad.

Fucking hate the church for telling people that they need to love or be loved a certain, "godly" way. It's bullshit, and whatever God there is knows it's bullshit, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2017 03:07PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 12:31AM

OK, I finally watched the whole thing, and towards the end, as they tearfully talked about "Heavenly Father's Plan", all I could think was...CULT!

Posted by: altava ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 10:39AM

I just don't understand. They sound like they love each other and you look at their wedding photos and how happy and in love they look but you hear them talking about the church and their responses sound stilted and almost sad. Like it's freaking obvious? But the church obviously sees it as soooo inspirationa. To give up the person you consider to be family to join a cult. The girl who grew up Mormon I think is to blame. The programming from her youth kicked by in and her partner fell for it. I think give it a bit and the partner is going to learn more and more about church history and such and jump ship. This is so gross it hurts my heart. I unfriended the friend who posted this on fb. I've known her almost my whole life and she doesn't know I'm gay but i just...I can't

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 11:33AM

It seems to me that they're probably in a honeymoon period with the church. The attention for "doing the right thing" from ward members and others will fade sooner than later. They'll be left with the loneliness that so many who don't fit the Mormon mold, gay or not, experience in the church. I won't be surprised if it causes them to question, yet again, what they're doing with their lives. I suspect they'll find their way out in the not too distant future.

Best wishes to these women.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 12:08PM

Can somebody somewhere help these two girls?

Tell them the truth!!! They should run and not be weary from all the cult has to offer. They are being FAKE about their feelings. The cult has them in it's spell.

The church is FAKE!!! I want to tell the world about it but, don't know how?

I think somebody should sue TSCC for tithing, then get everybody who has left to jump on board. It really needs to be addressed by someone? I am mad as hell I was duped for so long. I feel like a jackass to all the people I told during my life the church was 'twue'.

They really need to be exposed for all the fraud they perpetrate in the world, and harm they inflict.

I know, who wants to take on the Morg?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.