Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 01:13PM

But speaking of the alleged pre-existence, how in tarnation do you have a war if nobody can be wounded or killed?

Just-wonderin'-ly yrs,

S

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 01:17PM

They say it was a war of words. I know very exciting stuff.

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 01:23PM

But-words-can-never-hurt-me-ly yrs,

S

Posted by: Texmo ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 02:14PM

Sorry to hijack this thread a little, but if I recall correctly from the missionary discussion about the plan of salvation, one third of the spirit population didn't like Christ's plan and opted not to be born; they were sore losers because Stan's plan didn't win. Deciding between the two plans must have been like voting for Hillary or Trump, and many just voted for the one they thought was a little better than the other, so of the two thirds of the spirit population who voted for Christ's plan it's likely that many weren't excited about either plan. It seems that the deal was that although Christ's plan won, Stan the looser would still have a lot of control over those who did not vote for him, tempting the faithful earthlings and bringing them down so they risked spending eternity unhappily ever after. No wonder there was a big war in heaven. Both plans sucked. There needed to be a third party candidate, LOL.

As far as a war between spirits, they must have sent each other uncomfortable vibes. Makes me wonder... if there was a big war in the preexistence, and we know that humans on planet earth have been at war since they became humans, what's stopping a big war from occurring in heaven? Maybe we just like to fight!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.