Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 06:23PM

Dollar amounts of the theft are huge, and a once-thriving public hospital serving the poor has been gutted and destroyed.

I wonder if his apostleship is not only a reward for millions in tithing to the church, but also a way to protect him, with the mantle of LDS power and respectability, from prosecution for his crimes?

Slideshow:

http://www.slideshare.net/Mormons4justice/new-l-d-s-apostle-quentin-l

Any NorCal folks know anything about this, to confirm?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 04:50PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 08:47PM

Yes, confirmed. Of course the details are disputed. Ultimately the county acquired the hospital because they were unhappy with the drain of resources away from the local hospital to the general business.

Rationalization would be he met his institutional obligation by acquiring revenue by minimizing expenses and maximizing revenues. Mormonism and capitalism 101!

He is regarded poorly in the general community although it has been quite some time. Marin County is one of the wealthiest places on earth and he was charging for a top-shelf hospital and providing a below average hospital.

Date: February 04, 2015 04:45PM

Thanks, gentlestrength. I'm happy to hear that the County did recover control of the hospital from Sutter Health. Too bad the vampire Cook had already bled it dry.

By drastically cutting services, he did cut expenses. But since he absorbed all the savings into his management corp., there was no real benefit to the hospital, or to the people of Marin. After all, the hospital was established as a non-profit for the purpose of providing services to the community.

Cook should have been convicted of multiple felonies, and should have done hard time.

Date: February 04, 2015 05:14PM

I suspect patronage and indulgences happen throughout the religious and secular power brokers.

The Mormons can deliver power to some as can the Catholics as can fire/police unions.

Cook should have had his behavior investigated criminally and if a Mormon lawyer could get away from trouble in Marin county, California think what he could do in SL county, Utah!

This isn't just a Mormon thing, this is a power thing and sadly corruption is a tool in which religion thrives--why is it tax exempt? It meets the needs of power.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 05:17PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 01:42PM

I would love to compile some kind of scathing criticism of Quentin Cook, but I just can not top Cook's own words when it comes to destroying his (already non existent) credibility. The guy is absolute FILTH. ONLY a real MORmON could find him inspiring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxmNEX61PhI

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 02:33PM

I think the priesthood interviews for potential GAs are a little different from everyone else's. When they ask a potential GA if he's honest in his dealings with his fellow men, the correct answer is, "No."

"Welcome to the club, brother."

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 04, 2015 05:10AM

not only does cook steal, he laughs about having a license to steal! the guy is a real ASSpostHOLE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxmNEX61PhI

Date: February 04, 2015 04:39PM

That's a revealing vid, thanks.

I can't see how it could be legal for a lawyer representing a hospital to submit a management contract to its board that basically gave the hospital to a company run by the lawyer, with absolutely no protections or benefits assigned to the hospital, and with full control with no oversight whatsoever assigned to the lawyer's company. It's just such an obvious conflict of interest, how could that possibly be legal? Cook should have been disbarred, but instead he is allowed to continue robbing the hospital. I guess Cook's "Mormon privilege" has served him well.

The term "Mormon Mafia" is no joke.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 04, 2015 04:56PM

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: February 04, 2015 05:04PM

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: February 04, 2015 05:16PM

Date: February 04, 2015 05:19PM

I cannot recall the names. Will see if Google helps. There were some high-level school administrators from the American Fork area that embezzled millions.

They tithed.

Paying a large tithing is an affirmation of value within and to the Church. I am sure paying a high tithing to some is the equivalent of a fancy home, car, and trophy wife.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 05:20PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: May 30, 2015 07:39PM

When did all of this stuff happen with Cook? The 80's or 90's? Or was this over several years!??? How did the public react???

Date: May 31, 2015 12:16AM

If I remember correctly, late eighties, nineties and into the 2000's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2015 12:17AM by hello.

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 10:31AM

My sister moved from SF to Marin County in 1993. Per her recollection, the Marin Hospital issue was ongoing when she moved there but continued well into the 1990s. In terms of when Cook took the money and ran, I think it was pre-1993. FYI my sister works at the state bar, but not in the section that gets crooked attorneys disbarred.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 04:47AM

You know the closer one is to knowing people in the "inside" the more corruption appears. There are some other GA's and church leaders presently that I'm aware of involved in sweat shop Hell holes. Taking advantage of Mexican illegals, etc. (i won't go into detail now)

I'm becoming more convinced that the church doesn't perform any kind of professional background checks on people. They look at pedigrees instead? They don't look carefully enough into each man's business affairs. Why they don't seem to care about financial corruption is anyone's guess?

Posted by: Jerome ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 09:41AM

Would the GA’s you refer to benefit from the granting of work permits for illegal aliens? Because the church has pressured for legislation to that effect, against the political mood of most Utah residents. Information like that should be made public...

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 12:03PM

Anyone else think this unethical, unlawful, greedy, and sleazy act actually gave Cook street cred with the rest of the top LDS officials?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 01:18PM

This is the guy who just gave a speech at a Catholic university in Australia, and condemned atheists for "not having morals?"

Wow. Look up "hypocrite" in the dictionary, and his picture should be there.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 03:31PM

As long as he paid alms to the non-prophet so-called church, God don't give a shit who he defrauded.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.