Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 07:02PM

...above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.”

"And since I didn't have a NASA-approved sunglasses, I suffered permanent retinal damage."

The 8th version of the First Vision.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jan ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 11:30PM

Nah, he saw it with his spiritual eyes

Posted by: evergreen ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 08:04PM

Nah, he saw it with his lying eyes.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 12:11AM

He didnt have eclipse glasses good call now thats an even bigger hole in the story. And why the hell would god be brighter than the sun that is absolutely rediculous when you think about it. Would anybody enjoy being brighter than the sun absolutely not.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 12:18AM

In all the paintings of Joe that I have seen I noticed a pillar of dark over his head.
Or maybe they were visions.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 12:51AM

If there's a "pillar of light" directly over your head it won't
look like a "pillar" to you. It will look like a spot of light.
Calling it "a pillar of light" shows that he wasn't describing
what he experienced but what he wanted the story to say. He was
describing it as how someone from the outside would see it.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 07:57AM

A good observation.

I suppose that JS on meeting St. Peter will use this and a multitude of other obvious absurdities as a defense: "Look, I put these bloopers in plain sight. I couldn't help it if the sheepies were oblivious to what I was doing. I also saved you from having to interview them because I got them lost."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2017 08:11AM by rhgc.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 01:29AM

I thought that they were angels, but to my surprise, we climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 09:46AM

If that pillar of light was brighter than the sun, how could he have possibly looked long enough at it to determine it's shape?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 09:52AM

It's been 36 years since I returned from my mission. And 36 years minus three months since I left the cult.

Yet I can still quote the entire "first lesson," which includes this made-up "vision," in French, word for word. Because it was drilled into my head over 3 months in the MTC.

Of course, I never once stopped to think, "Wait...the sun is already too bright to stare at, something brighter than the sun would burn out your eyes!" Or that you can't see a "pillar of light" right above you. If I had, I might have stopped memorizing this fairy tale, and left the MTC for the scholarship at MIT that I turned down to serve the lard...

:(

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 08:25AM

When we finally meet one day, Hie, I hope you will give that lesson face to face to me and my wife. I think we could find major comedy in it ;-)

Tom in Paris

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 09:55AM

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 01:12PM

PROOF! That aliens have Photoshop.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 07:32PM

Hey! What the fuck was in that Koolaid?

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 08:08PM

I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head......Ah, so many memories of the summer of 1969.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 08:13PM

"above the brightness of the sun" that was not spotted by any one in the surrounding areas. .....Yah, that could happen !!!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 09:13PM

I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head and it instructed me to create a pillory of blight over yours.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 08:26AM

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 09:53PM

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 11:46PM

I watched the close encounter videos after I posted my rant earlier. Perfect.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 10:11PM

Telling the Truth is so much simpler.

Posted by: Kathleen nli ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 01:33AM

Hey! I saw a pillar of light over my head!

Oh, wait! I was at the dentist.
.....never mind.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 01:50PM

When the anal probe was inserted into me, I saw two personages whose brightness and fury defy all description standing above me in the air. One of them pissed upon me and then pissed on the other and said unto me, now pissing in the others direction, 'blow he him.'

I was instructed than none of the churches were true, and that my best bet to find Ann easy lifestyle was to proclaim myself a prophet and create my own startup religion. We strategize for a few more hours about some of the key points in starting this thing up. They asked for a few other sexual favors, I obliged.

When I awoke, I was drained of all my energy, and scarcely was able to walk home. I took my time getting home as I needed to come up with a plausible story. The rest of the community was not as sexually liberated as I, so explaining exactly what happened was not an option.

The rest is history...

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 11:33PM

It was a beam of light from a starship, but they (the aliens) were not impressed with JS and left him, in the sacred grove,
in a state of delirium.

Poor, dum Bastard...Millions of sheeple have suffered for this crazy bastard's wild, made up KRAP about gawd, jesus, temples with masonic rituals in it, and garments????
HOW in the hell did he come up with sacred underwear?

Oh, I know, the aliens had clothes on that looked like garments.
JS thought to himself, and convinced others, wearing these goofylookin'sacred garments will PROTECT you from Stan and his influences, IF you wear them DAY AND NIGHT.

Dang, LSD did not come about until the 1960's but, JS was a trippin' dude making up shit (rules and regulations)for his sheeples to believe in, back in the 1830's!

I quietly questioned to myself over the years: that on judgement day, all humans will stand before gawd and be judged for how we lived our lives, will not be judged by JC and gawd, but JS himself? I really didn't like that fact a long time ago.

His sexual deviant conduct impressed me as just that- sick. Did they have STD's back then? JS was a purveyor of spreading it around. He damaged girls and women's minds to make them think he was somethin' speechul! It must have given him a big head (BONER) raping so many women. What a sick, evil fuck.

HELP US ALL!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.