Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 08:49AM

Televised ESPN high school game Saturday August 26 at 7:30 Eastern time.
Cartersville Ga versus Bartram Trail Florida. Gator man will be Referee (white hat). And Nole Girl he is a handsome Gator...

Gatorman

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 08:52AM

Cool, gatorman!
I'll be watching...and waving at you (you can see me on the other side of the tv, right? <wink>).

Posted by: towys ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 09:37AM

Ah, gatorman! This is a time when a super sacred secret RfM arm wavy-thingy could really be useful!

Maybe throw us a finger (not that one) or something.

Date: August 22, 2017 06:06PM

I'll be watching carefully to see a ref scratch the back of his neck. That'll be your signal to us on RfM, gatorman.
Don't let us down :)

Date: August 23, 2017 12:14AM

Scratching my crotch on national tv may be more noticeable...of course Nole Girl would have to control herself

Gman

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 09:57AM

Do you have issues with people who yell "uncatchable!" at you? How do you deal with them?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 10:06AM

make sure to wear a hockey mask so we can recognize you.

Posted by: Nole Girln4nn ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 11:24AM

I will have to watch. Although I was nearly scarred for life as a result of sitting through an FSU/Florida game in the Swamp amongst the KAs many years ago, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I was also pretty damn cute in the day.

Date: August 22, 2017 10:28PM

What year was that Nole Girl?. Sure I was there. Cute FSU girls would have been an anomaly...

Gman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2017 10:30PM by gatorman.

Posted by: Nole Girl ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 01:54PM

Let's see. I graduated in 1971 so it would have been either 69 or 70

Date: August 23, 2017 08:43PM

I was playing. In 70 game in Tallahassee.71 Gainesville. Wasn't called the Swamp till Stevie Wonder took over...

Gman

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 11:34AM

Living in God's Country (the Sacred PNW!), I feel somewhat cheated, I'm going to consult an attorney/ lawyer/ barrister/solicitor, shortly after I decide which one of those will best represent me / my interests in this matter.

SEE YA IN COURT!

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 12:44PM

I just canceled my tv service sorry gator wish i knew about this a month ago.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 05:56PM

Are you a part of a five-man officiating crew? If so, can one of us help you out?

Unless both teams run all the time, five-man crews are insufficient.

Date: August 22, 2017 08:22PM

Six man. Number 2 and number 3 high school QB's according to ESPN. One committed to Clemson other as yet to decide. I expect passing showcase.

As to five versus six man crew I actually don't think we cover the middle third of the field as well with six as we did five. With most teams using the spread formation the run support by a Back Judge keying on strong side of formation or tight end side isn't missed. There are drawbacks to both five and six man crews. One solution is seven but most high schools will balk at that. Nearly all where I officiate have a visible play clock so they have to pay both a game clock and a play clock operator. Certainly the passing arms and schemes at the high school level have become quite sophisticated in the last ten years.

Gman

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 02:29PM

My DVR is also set, Gatorman! Looking forward to seeing you officiate the game. Stay safe, and keep those high schoolers in line! -edzachery

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 08:27PM

Here's to the Gatorman, may you not have any irate parents or technical fouls to deal with!

Posted by: stellam ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 09:59PM

So cool. DVR is set!

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 11:30PM

in 4 pics ~

wait ~ ¿ wut is going on in this thred ?

Posted by: paintinginthewinnotloggedon ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 11:31AM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 12:59PM

Truth is, I've never been ready for some football.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 04:03PM

My ESPN guide is showing CFB, Chattanooga vs Jacksonville.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 04:05PM

Nevermind- Found it. ESPN2.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 05:23PM

Has the game started? Anybody see the Gman? I dont have tv anymore so i got to go off of your word.

Posted by: Nole Girl ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 09:24PM

Not bad Gatorman. Not bad at all. NG

Date: August 27, 2017 03:59AM

Game went down to goal line stand by home team who
ended up wining 48-45. Exhausted. Home by 2:45 AM. Live an hour and a half away. Had to be there at 5pm to have ESPN production meeting, then regular crew meeting to discus multiple scenarious--almost 12 hours travel, game and meetings-all for 96$. No wonder there is a critical shortage of high school sports officials. Come join us!!

Gatorman

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: August 27, 2017 04:15AM

Caught part of it. Excellent officiating! Do you ever make it to south Florida for officiating? My wife and her sibs and parents went to St. Thomas Aquinas in Ft. Lauderdale. Two of my bILs were football players (2nd string at best, I assume), but that was in the dark ages.

Date: August 27, 2017 11:45AM

I work strictly in Georgia. We are the largest state east of the Mississippi River and plenty of football. Border clashes are fun-schools from Alabama, Tennessee, Florida and South Carolina come across yearly. Some of our larger schools play northeast or even Midwest teams frequently. My assignments vary but can be anywhere in the state. South Georgia games require taking whole day for travel, pregame conference and then long ride home. Savannah assignments are 600+ round trip miles for me and mileage is not compensated. Tax wise officiating is a business loss. 1099 forms come every January...there is a significant shortage of officials in every state in every sport. I sometimes have to do double headers to have enough crews to cover 9th and 10th grade games during the week. Saturday's are horrible. Some crews will do six middle school games. Fortunately the schools cooperate and all play st the same field....recruiting younger officials is universally dismal. No one wants to do it. My crew last night had an average age of 57. My side Judge was the outlier at age 33 and I was one as well at age 70. My shelf life is almost expired.

Gatorman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2017 11:51AM by gatorman.

Posted by: mankosuki ( )
Date: August 27, 2017 10:30AM

You did a nice job white hat. Didn't get to see you much which is a good thing from officiating stand point. A thankless job for a mere $96. Didn't know you had to meet with the ESPN production team but I guess it makes sense having to deal with all the tv timeouts.
Thanks for helping out.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 27, 2017 11:22AM

Anyone have a link?

Date: August 28, 2017 10:56AM

I recorded it as well.
Pretty sure I picked out white-hatted gatorman.
Poked my wife, and told her that was one of the dudes who hang out on RfM. I thought it was cool to see him on TV. She was less impressed (sorry, gatorman!).
Good game, though! And terrific officiating :)

Date: August 28, 2017 12:02PM

My bride is even less impressed...

Gatorman

Posted by: stellam ( )
Date: August 28, 2017 07:15PM

I finally got a chance to check the DVR... You were great! Mr. M was impressed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.