Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 03:31PM

Can anyone name any other denomination that works the politics so much?

Here we see some senior LDS people proudly presenting the president of Nepal with the first Book of Mormon printed in Nepali.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865687841/Church-leaders-deliver-first-Book-of-Mormon-in-Nepali-to-Nepal.html

Aside from just being courteous to visiting Americans, why would the president of Nepal waste her time accepting a book, especially when there are like 135 LDS members in her country?

(And don't even get me started on the smug arrogance of Mormonism presuming to offer anything whatever to a culture filled with Hindu and Buddhist people. Really? They need Home Teaching and presidency meetings?)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 03:57PM

Especially nauseating is what the Mormon leadership did in East Germany a few decades ago to get their precious temple built. Kissing butt so hard on those Communist criminals against humanity, the @$$ hickeys are probably still visible to this day.

It's also very telling that one of the most underdeveloped countries in the world, Nepal, already has a female president, whereas CoJCoLDS is still ruled exclusively by men.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 05:52PM

If I'm not mistaken, virtually all of those photos are leaders calling on the Pope, not him calling on them.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 05:57PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 06:42PM

Actually it's about 50/50, but here's a more focused search:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS707US707&biw=1920&bih=974&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=pope+visiting+white+house&oq=pope+visiting+white+house&gs_l=psy-ab.3...20401.24640.0.24815.27.26.1.0.0.0.183.2846.8j18.26.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.16.1608...0j0i67k1j0i13k1j0i8i30k1j0i24k1._kIc0rDWovM

...and that's just the US.

Yes, politicians like to be seen with the pope. And the pope likes to be seen with politicians. They 'work' each other.

Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 05:44PM

There's actially Nepali branch in salt lake. Most of these people are refugees.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 06:00PM

They all do it.

Lobbyists for Jesus, and all that.

Mormons are just a bit more ignorant in how they do it than most.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.