Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jan ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 07:46PM

I have a friend who's a Protestant minister. I'm going through some tough times at the moment, and the other day he said "you know I work for God's company, I'll put in a good word for you". I thought it was so sweet and so clever that I mentioned it to a TBM friend, who said, "Oh I'm sure God listens to some of their prayers". I was so astounded I couldn't even respond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 01, 2017 08:57AM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 01, 2017 09:28AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> god doesn't listen to the prayers of jews.

correct

just the same as (non existent) god does not listen to any one else's prayers

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 01, 2017 09:13AM

Isn't it sad when people argue over whose prayers "god" listens to?
As if that was a real thing?

Posted by: MCR ( )
Date: September 01, 2017 11:37AM

To me it's less that non-existent God doesn't listen to anyone's prayers, it's that you'd worship a god who loves you best. Heavenly Father doesn't meet even the expectation of an ordinary earthly father. What kind of father listens only to his "favorite" children. That's the definition of a bad father.

These people simply can't admit to themselves that they're weaklings who must seek the favor of a feudal lord because they can't face the world on their own.

Posted by: -1ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 07:55PM

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 01, 2017 09:47AM

Since they invented their God in their own likeness, it only makes sense that they are calling the shots for him too. No?

That special brand of Mormon arrogance is the part that is hardest to take for me. I have a brother who is the poster child for it. All you can do is avoid it as much as possible because the Mormon Arrogance/Ignorance keeps popping up everywhere like a Whack-a-Mole. Good luck winning that game!

Posted by: tcbun ( )
Date: September 01, 2017 10:39AM

Did you mean to type "Whack-A-Mo"?

Date: September 01, 2017 11:10AM

Too funny. LMAO. Why didn't that dawn on me?

Date: September 01, 2017 12:39PM

Not that we would ever "What-A-Mo!" :) Nosiree.

"Love the Mormon, Hate the Mormonism." Not sure how to do that but it sounds about as good as their version.

Posted by: tcbun ( )
Date: September 01, 2017 04:12PM

:) No, no whacking mos. Your words evoked the image of little plastic mos popping up, though. My head is now adding name badges, a book held close to the chest.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 06:15PM

Love this! I am going to remember this image always because I will get to use it LOTS when the arrogant/ignorance of mo'ism pops up. (And I think the image for the popping up mos for me is the one of men in their silllytemple baker's hats and women in their oh, so-keep-them-hidden, veils.

This is what gets to me the most.....you know the image of never an empty chair and the look that puts you in your place when you do not say Amen to their dinner prayer. Their announcement that yet another of their children are called on a mission or are getting married in their silly temple in the silly outfit with the arrogant look that accompanies it will welcome the whack-a-mo- image by moi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2017 06:22PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 06:23PM

Oh they live for those announcements and it drives me bonkers.

Posted by: NF ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 07:51PM

I work with a Mormon, but am not one myself. This guy seems to believe the universe revolves around him. He seems very fixated on living 'perfectly', so much so that I truly think he has some sort of mental illness.

The women in the office think he is an arrogant prick, and I can't say my opinion is much different. He makes a point of 'polishing the boss's apple' (kissing up very blantantly) and has no qualms about throwing his direct reports under the bus to show how much of a 'policy man' he is.

I doubt he would survive if he ran his own business, but it seems his Mormon faith prepared him well for thriving in a bureaucratic corporate setting, where he can knife others in the back as a means to success.

I wouldn't set foot in a Mormon church if you paid me a million dollars, based on this arse's arrogant behavior.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.