Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 03:04PM

Grant Palmer says that there is strong evidence for a third 14 year old wife of Joseph Smith. It's in his newest book, which I haven't read or got a copy of yet. The book is:

Restoring Christ: Leaving Mormon Jesus For the Gospels.

I think it just barely came out. He also says that evidence is building that abortions were performed on Joseph's polygamous wives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2017 03:06PM by brigidbarnes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 04:37PM

Having dealt with sex offenders, I suspect that JS had victims that we'll never hear about. Generally, the offense(s) pedophiles are convicted on are only the tip of the iceberg. Most often, crimes that finally surface include assaults on siblings--both male and female--and family pets.

The nineteen century, and even the 20th and 21 centuries were (and are) times when a molested sibling was advised "Shut up yo mouth!!!"

No proof, but that's my guess with Smith.

Date: September 02, 2017 05:34PM

I'm wondering if some day we will uncover information on a 13 year old, or even younger. That guy was addicted to large varieties of sex through many partners!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 05:33PM

We have written evidence for the "angel with drawn sword"--makes you wonder how many were told something similar and never said a word for admiration or fear.......

Date: September 02, 2017 05:38PM

You never know what will surface in the future. They seem to keep finding more wives.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 05:57PM

One training I attended was re adult-sex-offender group homes.
Those men were not allowed to go into stores like Walmart over the holiday season because of so many children in the stores.

Other than holiday times, they had to be accompanied by a group-home official one on one, especially in the toy department. For some reason, they were particularly attracted to action figures.

I have seen a frenzied sex offender around a young boy. It was scary as hell.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 06:33PM

None of that would be a surprise to me. I already thought there was very good evidence that Dr. Bennett was Joseph Smith's abortion doc. I wonder when the Mormon church will produce an essay about *that* topic?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2017 06:48PM by summer.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 07:44PM

Some slam dunk evidence needs to be found for Bennett--the apologists can get around stories like the "instrument" he used when '...one of [Smith's] women was in trouble." by claiming it was hearsay, lies or sour grapes.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,448278,454187

FAIRMormon actually touches on it only to make out everyone not supporting JS as disgruntled liars.

Posted by: run0emma0run ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 04:48PM

There could be info about Bennett in other contemporary sources not having any connection with religious topics.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 06:42PM

It never ends for that guy.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 09:45PM

Seems I recall a couple that were only twelve when he started his peacock strut for them...it takes more than burping at the table to get your naked asses stretched on a board and your nuts threatened with a sharp object...tar and feathers was way to gentle for the bugger IMO...oh how I wish that doctor had a pair ...things may have been so much better...think of the lives spared the wreckage...the suffering and sacrifice...so joe could get his rocks off...he sure had a thing for rocks

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.