Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 12:37AM

Their Loyalty is to the church/ other leaders Up the ladder;

Any semblance of honor or duty to those downstream is nearly gone.

Values & Principles & Ethics have been traded away... for a mess of pottage only to be forgotten & gone upon death.

Leaders are reduced to liars, spouting excuses & obfuscation, utterly without any hint of credibility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2017 11:47AM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 10:28AM

After you tell enough lies, it becomes difficult to remember your own lies, to keep your story straight so you don't get caught in your lies. That is where the institution of the mormon church is at right now.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 10:43AM

When the number one priority is to keep the proper facade in place in order to hang onto your status quo, the truth becomes either unimportant or an obstacle to be overcome. The latter is the situation for the Mormon Church.

Fact. Reason. Truth. They are no longer even a consideration. And because of this, it isn't even necessary for the G.A.s to lie to themselves. Their consciences are non existent. I do believe they are so sick that they believe whatever words tumble out of their mouths, in what ever order--- is the truth and don't you dare question!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 11:20AM

for a mess of postage ? ? ?

Postage that would be best spent sending in resignation letters perchance?

Date: September 21, 2017 11:47AM

auto-correct gone psycho, I meant pottage

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 12:55PM

Hahahahahahaha!!

Keep trying!!!!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 01:06PM

O...M...G!

This is 7th grade all over again, where I, proud as Satan, stood up in front of the class to give my book report on Daphne Du Maurier's "The Scapegoat." Thanks to my mormon training, I wasn't the least bit nervous as I stood there, waiting for all the eyes on me to focus. And I opened my mouth and said, "My report is on "The Scrapegoat", by..." At which point Mrs. Anderson burst into laughter. It was a real explosion of laughter, just like I displayed above.

The kids, having no idea why she was laughing, but absolutely delighted to pile on, joined in. After a bit, Mrs. Anderson calmed down and, probably feeling a bit badly, told me that the it was pronounced scape goat, not scrape goat...

Mess of pottage... My whole life, I thought it was a mess of porridge, because in my mind that must have made no sense.

I discovered my lifelong error by looking up pottage, to see if there was really such a thing:

"Pottage is an obsolete term for a thick soup or stew made by boiling vegetables, grains, and, if available, meat or fish."

<sigh> laugh it up... I can take it.

Date: September 21, 2017 11:56AM

Also, very little if Any empathy.

Members come to leaders asking for help with challenges & problems, all leaders can suggest is 'follow the prophet' because they aren't trained for anything else...

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 03:50PM

AMEN brother Ben
Somebody stole my mammy's hen

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.