Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 07:43AM

From some of your posts, it seems like things were going crappy.
Hope things are looking up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 05:58PM by kathleen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cosmo Topper ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 05:26PM

...topping...

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 05:59PM

I'm wondering the same thing

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 06:19PM

She was struggling kind of like i was a couple days ago.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 07:02PM

I have had some family issues including my daughter. Too long of a story to go into. I started a new part-time job (I have another job, but they are kind of short on work) and it wasn't going well. I just told them late Thursday night that I wasn't going to work for them.

Issues with my daughter, my nephew, and my sister were the worst part. I just basically told them all to take a hike. There have always been issues with my older sister. I've kicked her out of my life before, but now it is for good. My daughter, it breaks my heart the thing she does to me sometimes.

Luckily I have a very good therapist who I was able to see and he told me what I was doing was good. That these people NEEDED to be told what the boundaries were. I'm a people pleaser and so it is really hard for me to set boundaries.

It was just too much. Oh, my sister sent me a letter and I tore it up Thursday before I read it. I knew it wouldn't be good.

It was all just too much. I finally have a day off and I got out. I work at home.

I'm just fed up with being nice to people. I quoted to my aunt what they told us all our lives, "If you lose yourself, you will find yourself." I call bullshit on that.

Thank you for asking if I was okay. You made my day. It is nice to know people care.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 07:11PM

I'm sorry that things have been so tough lately, cl2. I think it's perfectly okay (and mentally healthy) to say, "When you are ready to treat me with respect I will be here for you. Until then, do what you need to do. But that will not involve me."

I wish you well. I've really liked and appreciated your posts over the years. You come across as being a calm, rational, kind, reflective person. You have a lot of life lessons under your belt. I think that anyone would be blessed to have you in their life. Maybe someday certain individuals in your life will figure that out. I hope so!

Date: September 23, 2017 07:14PM

This is where I vent about my life and it has saved me many times. It is where I've healed over my gay/straight marriage and so many issues I have had with mormonism.

I'm one of those who will put up with a lot and then I go ballistic after someone has pushed me to my limits. So for a lot of people, I catch them off guard. My sister knows how to push my buttons. But, like I said, I'm done with her for good. I've given her far too many chances and I should have kicked her out of my life for good the day she left home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 07:15PM by cl2.

Date: September 23, 2017 08:10PM

My older sister knows how to push my buttons like nobody else as well. The model mormon women she always thinks she is.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 11:20AM

Good job ridding your life of toxic people. It's hard to do but worth it. You were brave to stick to your guns!

Date: September 23, 2017 08:07PM

I call bullsh#t on that saying as well. If you lose yourself people take advantage of you and use you, the end.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 10:33PM

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope things will soon get better for you and your family.

Date: September 23, 2017 07:19PM

So glad that you're OK. You are a kind and insightful poster here.

I know how you feel about being nice. After being bullied for 60 years by my older (by two minutes) and bigger twin, I finally had to tell her to never contact me again.

We have to set boundaries, and you did! You're a good example to all of us who've let everybody walk on our faces, and finally have to say "No More!"

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 09:39PM

Stay strong, Chlorine.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 10:49PM

Glad you're facing things rationally and forthrightly, good for you. I have a brother who pushes my buttons, probably the mirror opposite to your sister. Next time I'm in Utah we'll have to get together and swap buttons!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 11:14AM

There is nothing wrong with keeping the toxic people away. Ripping up an unopened letter is a true sign you have claimed yourself. Good one.

I'm in your corner.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 09:54PM

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 10:11PM

((((cl2))))

;o)

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 05:57PM

Sorry you are having such stuff happen.

Hope it brightens up, soon.

Date: September 25, 2017 07:02PM

Cl2, I never understood that "If you lose yourself, you'll find yourself" nonsense either.

I'm glad you brought this up because it got me thinking of all the whacky, meaningless, nonsensical euphemisms that make us believe our self-worth ain't worth a thing.

It sounds fluffy and noble, but it's the cop-out for letting others have control of us.

Date: September 25, 2017 08:12PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.