Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 06:52PM

I was taking a break from RfM, almost asleep when the dogs start barking...
Here's my old bishop at the door. Nice to see him. It's hotter than hell outside.(90+) He came in. We have not seen each other since June. He asks if I've been to the temple lately? Told me I should go soon.

OMG!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!

He has forgotten what I told him I had discovered online.... He had a conversation like nothing was said. I showed him a 3-D puzzle of King Tut I had put together. Then, I told him I am mad as Hell that all of us,(several) older TBM's were less than 5 minutes from the building, now we are told we HAVE to go to a place 15 miles from here? NOPE, I ain't gonna do it even once...told me I could still pay tithing with my mem. num......He prayed for me, shook hands and left.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: umph ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 07:02PM

Wow.

"Hi cutekitty, nice to see you, hot out today!. How's things? We sure do miss your money. You know you don't have to drive 15 mile to tithe, only to go to church."

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 07:04PM

Haha i talked to my bishop today as well. It was kind of awkward because i knew i wasnt going to get instant help but i may get help when i have no money at all.

Date: September 24, 2017 07:33PM

It was very awkward to say the least. I have note books with several pages full of evidence against the church. Line upon line, precept upon precept....

I hope he has a twinge of caring for you and helps you soon.

No money at all is not a good place to be. Get help B4 you get there...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2017 07:34PM by cutekitty.

Date: September 24, 2017 07:36PM

Thats what i have been trying to do but no organization is willing to jump in unless you are completely broke or homeless.

Date: September 24, 2017 07:47PM

Become a LIAR. Nobody is going to doubt you. Have confidence. That's it, become a confident liar. There is NO gift of discernment to see if you are lying...

Date: September 24, 2017 08:54PM

I can not betray my concious haha jk. My discernment is actually too good i can read almost anybody. But maybe i should start lying instead of just letting my bills go without paying.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 10:52PM

Adam, the truth belongs to you. The marman church isn't entitled to it.

Here's my motto:

"LIE EVEN IF THEY HAVE PICTURES!"

:D

Date: September 24, 2017 11:46PM

Oh boy i dont even want to ask what that is about haha.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 01:11PM

It's about your bank account! I can see now where my comment could be construed in lotsa ways! Hahaha

Date: September 25, 2017 09:09PM

Hahaha yes indeed.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 07:59PM

Inconveniencing elderly members by disallowing them to attend at the closer meeting house, to have to drive 15 miles away. But wil still take their tithes and offerings, with or without their attendance..

One thing I noticed my last stint at the morg (more than a decade ago,) is that there's a de-valuation of its seniors. There were hardly any seniors at all in our ward of mostly young, working professionals and their families.

Older people whether couples or singles were depreciated much like older automobiles become. That struck me as unChristian and inhumane on its face.

Where I now worship older people are highly valued. Families stay connected inter-generationally. Older people play a very important part in the life of the congregation.

Date: September 24, 2017 08:26PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Amyjo.
I once heard our ward was the "newly-weds and the nearly-deads".

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 09:42PM

What do you want to bet that he didn't forget what you told him, he just does'nt care. Next time he drops by don't bother opening the door to him.
He wants your tithing money.

Date: September 24, 2017 11:49PM

Just remember the important lesson i learned today, no tithing goes to help the poor. Christ is a business man these days.

Posted by: umph ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 11:05PM

I wonder... you drive, right? There may be others he's thinking you could cart the 15 miles. Surely you aren't the only one who would find the trip a pain, and he may need a driver for those who can't.

Date: September 25, 2017 12:00PM

Yes, I drive older folks to their appointments. NO, I will not be taking ANY one who lives close to me 15 miles to a new church. I will not be going even ONE time. No discussion, no debate...

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 11:51PM

Say what? Why would you open the door, let him in and humiliate you in your home? Recommend that you send a certified mail, return receipt from the post office to the current bishop telling him that the old bishop can never come to your home again to hustle you for money. The police will be called if he shows up. End with No contact request. Keep your $ in your pocket. You have already given the cult too much of your life, resources , time and talents. Take care of yourself.

Date: September 25, 2017 12:04AM

I should take this advice.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 12:52PM

I don't have the guts to do this, but when answering the door say, "Oh I'm glad you are here. I was just wondering if you masturbate and pay a full tithing. How much is that by-the-way?" Then wait for him to answer both topics.

Date: September 25, 2017 03:09PM

I don't have the guts to do this either. My mom taught me to respect my elders.. don't be a sass box, talk back, be rude....

He even went on about--'he does not have a calling yet in his regular old ward, 20 miles from here, but he still pays his tithing so he won't get burned when the Cheezus in the sky comes back. He said it is fire insurance.' I just kept looking at him and wondering how he will feel when his world crashes down on him? He went on for about 30 min. how the church is true, go take the sacrement. He said I can still pay tithing, just use my MRN. He said I can take the sacrement here and then went on about the new place................

I told him very calmly, 'I am not and will not go there. Nobody cares about us old folks, lots who don't have a car, and how we are to get around?' He said 'call for a ride'..... Right?

I said to him "I am done with the stupid stuff."

HELP ME!!!PLEASE??????

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 12:55PM

He refused to give you a break until he realized you may never return. They push and push, then back off when hard nosed pressure doesn't work. It's all about control.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 03:30PM

Wherever she lived, she went to the church she could walk to. It didn't matter what it was.

She made the mistake in Mesa, AZ, of attending the LDS church. Her husband went with her as a support. Neither of them would get baptized. Some stupid guy stood up in F&T meeting and told my boyfriend's dad that he was too proud and he needed to humble himself and get baptized. They left the lds church that day and never returned.

People should be able to worship where they choose. This business of having to attend a certain ward is ridiculous. (One of the reasons my daughter likes Alaska--she just picks and chooses as she is only there during the summer.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.