Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 06:07PM

security office haha. The lady next to me and i were just laughing our asses off. I needed that laugh. She was like "Noooo" in a cute grandma voice haha. Thought some of you might like that i am just trying to apply for SSI and then get denied so i have proof for the lawyers to jump in. Fuck it this might be the best overall route so far maybe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 07:26PM

Well in Idaho you never know.

Date: September 25, 2017 08:48PM

You may have a point there this is kind of a shady town.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 07:37PM

Because if you have a gun or knife you clearly don’t qualify for social security.

If she was gonna murder people it would have been too lat to ask the question.... idiots

Date: September 25, 2017 08:49PM

Anybody that has a gun or a knife automatically wont be qualified.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 08:56PM

Actually it's because it is a federal building with their own rules for safety. I believd Idaho has quite relaxed rules for gun carry. It would not affect her right to payment.

As for knives. I've carried one every day of my life since I was 8. So over half a century. Only have locked it in the car to go to the federal building or courts.

Date: September 25, 2017 09:08PM

I know i was just messing around.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 06:33AM

And the Feds can enforce law the way they see fit.

The metal detectors and standard screening materials they commonly have in place now were un-heard-of during most of my 30-year- career with Social Security. After I retired, I spent several years doing "for-free" advocacy cases for people. I have worked in 8 different states around the country, and am biligual in Spanish and English).

One of the glorious parts about being an advocate is that you no longer have to be hustled through important parts of an interview because the supervisor wants cut back on processing time. Since you are no longer an employee, you can ignore the supervisor. This gives you the freedom to poke around as long as you want in a potentially interesting aspect of the case. You can't be "hurried along."

The delicacy of laying this groundwork cannot be overemphasized. You never know whose side it may show up on, later in the case, and how it will play out. With every tidbit you discover, you are constantly trying to figure whose it is and how it fits.

Weapons never used to be an issue. But these days, with more and more people carrying them routinely, you have to either leave them in the car, or if you have metal implants (like mine) I have to explain that I have titanium knee joints in both knees, and yes, they WILL make the machine shriek. Because I represent several clients, the guards recognize me, know about my knees (since the wands always pinpoint the knee area as the problem in both knees) and just wave me through.

I have offered to show my scars to some of the female guards, and this is where the joking stops. There is a nasty-looking webbing of pale old scars around both knees, from the multiple surgeries I have had over the years, and the x-rays show the gorgeous new titanium joints that no longer cause pain.

Not a one of the knee injuries was caused in the line of duty. I was just a rowdy kid. But among the people I have to question, the scars somehow give me "street creds." I do get some questions but just shrug and say, it all happened back when I was a kid." At least 4 to 6 surgeries on each knee. And for some bizarre reason, these scars seem to build trust between me and some of my clients.

And while it isn't generally a criminal proceeding, all exciting like on TV, every now and then I will be able to catch a break that will let me turn a case in a way that will benefit my client.

As a laid-up kid, sobbing over my newest wrapping of gauze and surgical scars, I used to wonder, " Why ME?"

Well, for me, some of those old battle scars have come in useful, in ways I could NEVER have predicted.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 11:51PM

Q: Do you have a gun or a knife ?

A: I don't discuss my personal legal weaponry with strangers.

Date: September 26, 2017 12:29AM

You wouldnt for sure. A serial killer never tells just like a gentlemen never tells.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 02:12AM

No, but I do have a Book of Mormon. Would you like to hear my testimony?

No thanks, ma'am. Just shoot me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.