Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: September 27, 2017 12:10AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 27, 2017 11:53AM

Oh, the comments are marvelous!

"I have spent 41 years in the church, having served as bishop and other positions of authority. I have taught decades of lessons, and have served a 2 year mission in Argentina. I have 2 bachelors and a masters degree from Purdue University and Indiana University, as well as 4 years of seminary and an additional 4 years of theological institute. I am very comfortable discussing religion, but I would never attempt to discuss another religion's beliefs--I am not qualified. Just as you are not qualified to discuss mine. Please do not be offended, I am simply pointing out an error in your information. Thank you for your response and your polite conversation."

This guy puts seminary and theological institute "in addition" to Purdue!

--as Sylvester the Cat would say: "It is to laugh."

Or:

"Please check your facts--there has never been a Mormon Armageddon prophecy. You are confusing this with the Church of Christ, and other faiths that began in that time period, many of which set several end times dates. The stance of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon) is and always has been that no one knows the time and place of the second coming. When you print misinformation like this, you perpetuate the ignorance of the American people. Please consult with official church sites when gathering information--it is the first rule of journalism: Go to the source."

Non of the TBM responses would ever consider that JS was just making shit up, and of course miss giant elephant-in-the-room problems like: it's the COJCO LATTER DAY SAINTS--"latter", as in "later", as in "toward the end". Also, why would God tell JS about seeing The Son of Man anyway? They both talked to him while they were floating around in the Sacred Grove and a couple of other times, right? While not the official Second Coming apparently, JS *did* see Jesus, even the Christ face to face.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.