Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GC Lurker ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 05:16PM

I would be curious to see it once in person, sorta like a tourist. Can permanently inactive members get tickets ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 06:33PM

I'm totally guessing, but as a slightly inactive member of ghawd's one, true church, I'd ask a TBM relative to get an extra ticket and go with her and the family. And I'd take some Dramamine...

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 09:56PM

My daughter decided to become a TBM at about age 21. We had been inactive since about the time she was baptized. All the ward was so HAPPY that one of us was back that they have made her "royalty" and she feeds off it.

Every GC, she could get tickets. One of the first times she went, she had no one to go with, so your's truly went with her. I hadn't been since I was 17 or so. I must have been 50 at the time. I'd never been in the conference center. It was a pretty bizarre experience seeing conference from the other side. There were several times she had tickets and didn't have someone to go with, but luckily she found someone who would at the last minute and I didn't have to go again.

Of all things, my TBM aunt, very, very TBM aunt had never been to GC. She was about 75 at the time. She helped clean the conference center and helped clean temples, but couldn't get a ticket to GC, so that is who my daughter would take instead of me when she couldn't find someone else to go.

She spends too much time in Alaska now (8 months of the year), so she is never home for conference.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.