Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Particles of Faith ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 01:23PM

I see in the coverage of GC that Russell Nelson asked three questions regarding the BOM.

What would your life be like without the Book of Mormon?

Since I met my wife of thirty plus years while a TBM I must cede that the Book of Mormon had a positive impact on my life.

What would you not know?

I would not be blessed with the knowledge that the Reformed Egyptian word for 'horse' is 'tapir' or possibly 'deer.'

What would you not have?

10% less money, a restricted list of movies, every seventh day shot and a whole weekend shot twice a year among many, many others?

Of course these may have been rhetorical questions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 01:30PM

The only coverage I get from GC is from reading this board.

Don't really have any desire or curiosity to go there since I resigned years ago.

What would my life have been like w/o BoM? Probably a heckuva lot less complicated and less stressful because I wouldn't have had to exit a cult after I grew up.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 01:36PM

Same here. I left the circus although i know it still operates somewhere in the distance. Only the forum reminds me when it is here. Without the book of mormon my life would not have been hell growing up.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 02:22PM

1. my life is just fine without BoM.

2. Not only do I not know anything, I don't even suspect anything.

3. I don't have all that wailing and gnashing of teeth that mormons have.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 02:26PM

Bible fan fiction was just a tool to use me. It could have been fiction about God trapping souls in a volcano.

Am I glad I was in the life? I think so. It proved to me that identity can be completely disintegrated and re-formed. If you are a Mormon to prevent bad things from happening, it won't work. Mormonism is the cause of very bad things indeed, which can't be avoided by the very nature of Mormonism.

Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 02:33PM

It was never a BOM issue. It was The Doctrine and Covenants and every other man made rule thrust upon the members that screwed me up.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 04:32PM

My life without the Book of Mormon could only have been that much better. If it didn't exist I would have had a lot more free time in my childhood. I wouldn't have been miseducated in church indoctrination classes. I wouldn't had kids making fun of me for my stupid religion.

I wouldn't know Mormon lies.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.