Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 04:56PM

Went to a protestant church today. I didn't attend church services but rather a seminar series that is beginning in five parts every Sunday about Environmental Issues.

I decided to go because it seemed rather progressive of a church to plan a science based treatise on the planet earth's survival rather than talk about getting raptured.

Sorry, but the moment I stepped in I got the creeps. It's been probably five years since I darkened the doors of ANY church. Sadly, this church was mostly populated by white haired ladies and wheelchair bound elderly. I was surprised. No little kids. Not even teens or 20 somethings. Everyone looked to be over 50. Most were WELL over 50.

Seems churches everywhere are having their struggles.

The first seminar of the series was a supposed scientific movie that hinted heavily that earth and all that occupy it must be some very creative product. Never heard the words "intelligent design" but it came pretty close. I may try the second seminar if I can stand the sickening churchy atmosphere and giggly woman who swooned over just about everything said in the movie. Next week's guest speaker is a real scientist. If he also brings God into the discussion I'm leaving.

Happy Sunday folks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 10:16PM

Former VP AL Gore runs The Climate Reality Project. He trains folks in being environmental stewards, etc. Check it out.

Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 09:38AM

Al Gore? Really? His carbon footprint is huge. He's all about the money.

Posted by: boilerluv ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 10:40AM

notamormon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Al Gore? Really? His carbon footprint is huge.
> He's all about the money.

Hear that on Faux News, did you? Did you also know that Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a pizza place in Brooklyn? BWAHAHHAH!

Posted by: Algore ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 11:00AM

It's not hard to deduce that Algore has a colossal carbon footprint. He is a hypocrite big time. And, yeah, it seems to be all about the money.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 11:06AM

so tell us about YOUR carbon footprint.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 10:43AM

You are a braver man then me so far.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 11:20AM

If the church doesn't feel right to you for any reason, you can try another if you wish. I'll bet that the UUs have a lot of talks on the environment. Other churches might as well, depending on the minister.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.