Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BarbaraY ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 06:13PM

They kicked everyone out and locked the doors in between the morning and afternoon conference.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 06:34PM

another part of the ongoing joke that is mormonism

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 07:42PM

well, it is kind of funny.

I remember, in ancient history, ( the 1970's) when my resident MORmON enforcement agent -my super asshole MORmON male parent would take us to another town 10 miles away to the MORmON stake center so we could listen to MORmON general priestDUD meeting that was piped in from Salt Lake City MORmON Central over a long distance phone line and then pumped into the assembly via the stake center speaker system.

It just was not enough that I had a formal dose of (DISTASTEFUL TOXIC DISGUSTING) MORmONISM every week day Morning in the form of early morning MORmON seminary. LDS Inc had to periodically ruin my Saturday evenings as well as adding drudgery to week days and completely ruining EVERY Sunday, so they could interject MORmONISM into my life on any given day of the week.

I remember very well when Boyd K Peckerhead Packer gave his infamous "little factory talk" to general PriestDUD meeting.

It seemed like those agonizing meetings lasted somewhere between 4 to 9 hours or more that magically jammed into Saturday before Sunday hit. When the meeting was over, we could not wait to get the Hell out of there. Of course, IF there would have been a back up meeting, my parents were exactly the kind of MORmONS that would want to just stay ......like they did a couple of times when they had two sessions of Stake conference, that made Sunday into utter agony.

The fact that MORmON leaders want /expect MORmON members to come to listen to the supposed splendor of conference, but also get the Hell out of the building between sessions AS IF it was fire drill is kind of comical, if the utterly pathetic aspects of the situation can be ignored.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 07:07PM

A bunch of Asshats.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 07:08PM

The circus goes on and on but i aint paying for it anymore thats for sure.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 10:52PM

All member socializing must be totally controlled, in a formal Morg setting. I think that's the real reason for the ban on in home missionary farewells.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 10:57PM

Topper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All member socializing must be totally controlled,
> in a formal Morg setting. I think that's the real
> reason for the ban on in home missionary
> farewells.

Their attempts at control are a lost cause. They would have to ban wedding receptions, wedding and baby showers, parties, and even casual visits if they wanted to totally banned un-monitored socialization between members.

They do ban Bible or scripture study groups, very common in other denominations, primarily, I believe because it could lead to factions within a ward or stake and could ultimately lead to the dreaded apostacy.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 10:57PM

Maybe they thought you were homeless people.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 11:25PM

They're afraid people might talk among themselves while children ran around eating.

You know, like they do.

Kathleen

Posted by: Rolled tacos on a sunday ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 11:42PM

I remember some bishops chewing out the ward for lingering in the chapel after sacrament talking and not rushing off to there next meetings

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 11:50PM

took it upon himself to shoo us out of the hallways and into classes.

He is a genuinely nice guy and I like him - but he has had WAAAY too much of the Kool-Aid, and it's a shame.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 11:50PM

Maybe someone was laughing loudly.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 11:34AM

Member to other member hanging around in hallway between sessions:

"What did you think of that talk Oaks gave? Do you think he was kinda hard on gays in the church?"

Bishop comes running over...

"Out, all of you! Out, out, out! Go away and separate until the next session! We can't have you discussing the talks! Go home and pray about them instead!"

And there you go.

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 12:54PM

+1

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 01:33PM

Get it straight.... they want your money but not any of your

warm bodies crowding up all those empty spaces. Right?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 01:45PM

60 years ago they kicked everyone out of the stake centre chapel and gym between stake confernz sessions.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 07:24PM

Can't have socializing going on...

The church is imploding on itself. How many folks drive a ways to church? People are gonna get tired of the rude stuff they pay dearly for.

Mexico stake and wards dissolved!!!! And I took it personal???

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 07:30PM

Thank gawd A&W come to southern Alberta about then....beat the hell out of the baloney sandwiches they sold to the sheep that stayed at the stake center.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 07:25PM

We went to eat lunch and came back later.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.